Welder at Wakulima Tea Company Ltd
Wakulima Tea Company Ltd
Wakulima Tea Company Ltd, is a joint venture between Tanzania Tea packers (TATEPA) AND Rungwe Small Holders Tea Growers Association (RSTGA – UMOJA).
Wakulima Tea Company Ltd; the Largest Smallholder Tea Company in Tanzania; supporting over 12000
Smallholder farmers and with 2 factories one in Tukuyu-Rungwe, and the second one is in Mwakaleli• Busokelo District, re advertised 12 Job Vacancies to meet the qualified candidates.
Term of the contract: Permanent
JOB DESCRIPTION – WELDER
- To execute welding and related works in compliance with health and safety at work place/factory, ISO 22000:2005, environment, HACCP, Rainforest Alliance, etc.
- Repairing factory machinery using oxy-acetylene gas and arc welding equipment and
- Measuring and cutting materials to specifications.
- Welding materials using the correct tools/accessories.
- Able to fabricate/assemble metal structures.
- Keep records and inventory of tools and consumables.
- To identify type of welding and rods required to join the metal.
- Ability to work day and night shifts.
- Checking assembled metal parts for accuracy and fit using precise measuring tool.
- Erecting and assembling machines onsite.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by his leader.
- Fabrication and modification of spares and machinery.
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned by Management.
- Able to work under minimum supervision and attend to breakdowns swiftly and under pressure.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of secondary education examination certificate plus Trade Test Level II or Level Ill
WELDING & FAB RICATION or equivalent qualification from recognized training institution.
- Work experience of minimum 3 years in a Tea/Sugar/Food/Beverages Processing Factory will an added advantage.
- Work experience with pressure vessels e.g steam boilers and steam piping will be an added advantage.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE.
The closing date for applications is 23rd March 2023 and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application including a covering letter, curriculum vitae, relevant testimonials, phone number, and email contact details, and two references should be sent to :-
Operations Director Wakulima Tea Company Ltd P.O. Box 700 – Tukuyu