Water Treatment Operator
North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Water Treatment Operator to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Responsible for monitoring of flows and feed processes/water quality into the plant circuits.
• Ensure all personnel on plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE
• Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues to Supervisor and Superintendent.
• Ensure the plant operates within acceptable limits and deviations are reported immediately.
• Assist with chemical dose adjustments in response to changing water quality parameters.
• Maintain day to day operations necessary to meet quality effluent water for discharge
• Proactively identifying and acting on plant performance deviation.
• Supervise/or perform CIPs (Clean in place) on the advanced process units of the Water Treatment Plant Rama and Gokona.
• Monitor plant performance and ensure that log sheets are completed.
• Performing a variety of routine and special chemical, physical, bacteriological, and related tests on water system samples.
• Aiding other plant personnel regarding basic laboratory procedures; equipment maintenance and lab supplies.
• Maintenance of equipment and supplies and disposal of outdated chemicals.
• Interpreting laboratory analyses, making recommendations, maintaining logs and records, and preparing data for reports.
• Developing new test procedures and conducting special analytical studies relating to process control, or other applicable matters.
• Maintaining computerized monitoring, laboratory analysis, quality assurance, and operation records; entering data on a computer; evaluating and managing data from such programs which are related to laboratory operations.
• Maintain laboratory inventory of chemicals, analytical equipment, and data sheets.
• Full Technician Certificate Water Management System.
• Must hold a Valid Tanzania Driving License
Experience and competencies needed
• 1-2 Years – Post qualified experience in Water Quality Management, Water Processing , Laboratory Quality Analysis Experiences
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.