Technical Officer, Pre-Service Education job at Jhpiego
Technical Officer, Pre-Service Education
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Pre-Service Education Technical Officer will provide technical support on pre-service education activities for USAID Afya Yangu – RMNCAH supported HTIs aiming to improve the knowledge and skills of PSE students in RMNCAH. S/he will work closely under the guidance of Pre-Service Education Technical Advisors to support the implementation of effective pre-service education improvement strategies through evidence-based, competency-based education and continuous quality improvement (CQI) for health cadres in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child and Adolescence health (RMNCAH.
Job Grade: 8. This position is open to Tanzanians only.
• Provide technical leadership on RMNCAH pre-service education
• Conduct RMNCAH pre-service education performance assessments and develop localized learning plans aimed at addressing identified gaps
• Use data from assessments to facilitate the identification of performance gaps between individual students and health training institutions (HTIs)
• Support the development, designing, implementation and evaluation of a strategy to improve the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of students in collaboration with MOH and other stakeholders
• Design and implement strategies to strengthen the use of skills labs in HTIs
• Provide technical leadership to facilitate the implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) and evidence-based, competency-based education for RMNCAH services in health training institutions (HTIs);
• Participate and provide technical inputs in reviewing or developing new documents in specific areas of expertise in pre-service education for RMNCAH services.
• Ensure documentation of pre-service education activities
• Coordinate and/or represent Jhpiego in professional circles through meetings, and conferences and make presentations in consultation with the supervisor.
• Ensure that pre-service education program implementation is based on sound technical content and is sustainable
• Ensure the use of performance and quality improvement approaches in HTIs and clinical sites
• Actively participate in regional RMNCAH policy and strategy discussions including planning and progress review with other stakeholders as appropriate
• Implement all program activities in a timely and self-sufficient manner, multi-tasking and prioritizing as necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the achievement of project goals
• Qualification as a midwife or nurse/midwife required, an advanced diploma and/or degree is desirable
• At least 5 to 6 years of work experience in pre-service education with progressively increasing responsibilities
• A record of being proficient in specific RMNCAH service provision
• Certified with at least 3 years of clinical training experience for theory and practice; excellent facilitation skills including delivering an interactive presentation, participatory and experiential methods
• Experience in coordinating (planning, implementing and monitoring) continuous quality improvement (CQI)
• Experience in working with HTIs, and ZHRCs for pre-service education
• Experience in strengthening skills labs for pre-service education in HTIs
• Knowledge of strategic planning, training program development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
• Current knowledge and skills in the field of RMNCAH
• Solid communication, verbally and in writing in English and Kiswahili
• Demonstrated self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
• Willingness to work in rural districts
• Experience working on Donor funded programs, with RHMTs, CHMTs, CSOs
• Excellence in computer skills application (Excel, Ms-word, PowerPoint, and internet)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree