*Please note that the position is contingent upon contract award*
Search for Common Ground (Search) seeks an experienced Team Leader for an anticipated Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) programme covering Northern Mozambique and Southern Tanzania. The Team Leader will provide strategic, managerial, and technical leadership and management oversight to the project. This position will lead the team through the project’s inception phase, and then through project implementation, including programme quality, staffing, and financial oversight, including sub-grants. The position is the lead liaison on behalf of Search with project partners in-country and key stakeholders, as well as serving as the principal liaison to the donor. This position will be based in Maputo or Dar es Salaam. The successful candidate will report to Search’s Swahili Coast Director based in Mombasa, Kenya.
- Set overall programme strategy and direction in consultation with the project management team and partners, with overall accountability for ensuring that programmatic goals are met.
- Lead the inception phase, including any necessary revisions to the approach, assumptions, and other key aspects, as well as the detailed formulation of the activity planning, in collaboration with regional colleagues, consortium partners, the donor, and other stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and coordination on matters related to this project for consortium partners, CSSF, country counterparts, and other stakeholders, and maintain productive, positive working relationships.
- Lead the operational and programmatic aspects of the project’s inception phase, including the coordination and regular convening of consortium partners.
- Manage the project teams as well as head Search’s sub-office.
- Ensure that research, learning, and adaptive management are applied as key principles throughout implementation.
- Serve as lead ‘fund manager’ responsible for ensuring funds are disbursed to civil society organizations within the timeframes established in the activity terms of reference.
- Oversee and contribute to development of programme deliverables including but not limited to: monthly reports, quarterly reports, annual reports, learning plans and reports, annual work plans, and financial reports.
- Identify implementation problems/challenges quickly, and proactively develop mitigation strategies and solutions independently.
- Collaborate, develop working networks and platforms of coordination with government authorities, various partners, donors, and other INGOs to ensure that synergies between the project and other stabilization interventions are maximized.
- Motivate the project team to perform effectively toward program objectives through strong communication, team building incentives, and responsiveness.
- Work with the Central and East Africa regional team to ensure adequate human resources, including short-term technical assistance, as well as compliant grant and financial management.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field e.g., Grant Management, NGOs Capacity Building, Compliance, Stabilization, Peacebuilding, Conflict Mitigation, Political Science, Public Administration, etc.
- At least ten years of experience in donor-funded and/or international programmes in East and/or Southern Africa.
- Experience with CSSF is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a consortium is strongly preferred.
- Experience in technical areas such as grants management, NGOs Capacity Building, governance, stabilization, civil society support, conflict and peace programmes, radicalization and violent extremism, etc.
- Experience with coordination and supervision of personnel and ensuring, when the need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet programme needs.
- Experience working for donor governments either directly or as an implementer, leading relationship development and management.
- Demonstrated track record in a management position.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English, required; fluency in Portuguese and Swahili is an added advantage.