Talent Management Director
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 30 2023
Within Tanzania , Katavi, East Africa
Date Posted:Sunday, April 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Summary of Role: The Talent Management Director will be responsible for maintaining the global talent management infrastructure across Pathfinder. Working with country offices and global leadership, the position is responsible for the design and implementation of Pathfinder’s global talent management strategy, programs and processes, such as: performance management, global career development, training and learning and developing an inclusive culture which reflects the Pathfinders values.
This position reports to the Senior Director of HR and serves as an internal advisor on leadership and executive development, succession planning, DEI and long-term talent planning.
Location: Eligible countries – Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cote D’Ivoire, DRC, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Jordan, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Niger, Pakistan, Tanzania, Togo, and Uganda.
• In collaboration with senior leadership, develop, promote and facilitate an organization & talent review process
• Standardize performance management globally, including defining and linking competencies to positions and units.
• Design and implement succession planning and a mentorship program. To promote Pathfinder’s country-led strategy
Training & Development
• Maintain and oversee a global training strategy and platform, including the identification and implementation of a leadership development program for country directors in support of Pathfinder’s country-led strategy
• Assess and evaluate talent, addressing and identifying solutions for skills and training gaps
• Work closely with colleagues across the to implement best practice DEI in all talent management programs, such as succession planning, learning and performance management.
• Manage the annual employee engagement survey including the design, delivery and communication of results to the organization.
• Manage and leverage relationships with external vendors in the performance management, succession planning, executive coaching and other related talent initiatives
• Supervise Global Employee Engagement Advisor
Required Education and Work Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, psychology, organizational development, or related field is required
• Eight or more years of progressive leadership and management experience in a global for-profit or nonprofit, including at least four years in a senior management position
• Significant, successful experience leading and developing talent management projects within a multicultural workforce.
• Successful track record of working in a large organization undergoing significant transformational change and leadership transition.
• Proven experience in the implementation of cloud-based LMS and eLearning products
• Proven experience in implementing learning systems in a transformative organization including a thorough comprehension of organizational dynamics and change management
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of HRIS and other HR-specific software applications including Learning Management Systems in conjunction with a fully integrated HRIS
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
• Master’s degree in human resources, business, or related field
• HR certifications: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, CCP (Certified Compensation Professional), Employment Law Certificate or equivalent
• Written and oral language skills in French, Portuguese, or Amharic
• Fluency in a language other than English is highly desirable.
• Uses cellular and office phone, laptop or desktop computer
Typical Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment.
• Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
• Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
• International/regional travel required one time per quarter for 2 weeks 2-3 countries during each visit
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
• Please submit your application via both this website and HRjobs@riseglobaltalent.com . no later than April 28th, 2023.
• Salary: Commensurate with the seniority of the position and offered on national terms. Candidates must have and be able to maintain the right to work in their current location.
Safeguarding and Protection
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.