Systems Security Specialist at NMB Bank Plc
Systems Security Specialist
NMB Bank Plc
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NMB Bank – NMB Jobs Vacancy, Employment Full time Jobs March 14, 2023
• Perform manual penetration testing of web applications, mobile applications, APIs, external and internal networks.
• Work closely with cross-functional delivery teams, present security test findings, agree upon remediation response plans, and follow-up implementation of the plans.
• Carry out proof of concept on known risks and discovered vulnerabilities against the bank’s environment.
• Recognize and safely utilize penetration testing tools, tactics and procedures.
• Research and develop customized tools and automation scripts to improve the identification of vulnerabilities.
• Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical staff and management.
• Provide security recommendations in the development and acquisition of the bank’s systems.
• Support third-party security test engagements including regulatory tests conducted at the bank.
• Work with system vendors as well as internal teams in verifying the security of the applications/systems implemented within the bank.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of the security testing landscape.
• Knowledge of security of various operating system flavors such as Windows, Linux, and Unix.
• Understanding of network security architecture.
• Scripting skills in at least one scripting language including Python, PowerShell or Bash.
• Pen-testing skills in applications and infrastructure domains.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
• Demonstrable honesty, integrity, and credibility; ability to engender the trust and confidence of internal constituency and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Systems or related.
• The following certifications are a plus OSCP, eJPT, CEH.
• Experience in software/web development and/or source code review in Python, C/C, C#, Java, VB .NET, ASP.NET, PHP, NodeJS.
• Hands-on experience in Linux and Windows environment.
• Actively participate in Capture The Flag (CTF) events, HackTheBox, TryHackMe or similar.
• NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree