Systems Architecture Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, April 11 2023
Within Tanzania , Dodoma, East Africa
The post is in the FAO Representation in Tanzania, with the incumbent also working with other units in an integrated and cross-sectoral approach.
The Systems Architecture Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, and that of the direct technical supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), and guidance from other technical officers at the FAO Headquarter, Regional and Sub regional offices, and working in close collaboration with other relevant officers at the country office.
The Systems Architecture Specialist will provide support in designing, developing, testing and rollout of robust and high quality Plant health related ICT systems introduced by the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Systems Architecture Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
• Designs the architecture of the surveillance and traceability systems in consultation with the CTA and PPS
• Maps out options for integration of systems with partner platforms eg. TRACES
• Digitizes Phytosanitary certificates into XML formats for ePhyto
• Determines infrastructure required to support the systems
• Oversees installation of infrastructure at designated areas
• Pilots, identifies and provides technical guidance in fixing bugs present in the systems
• Conducts training of stakeholders and Government staff in using the systems
• Provides technical guidance pertaining to ICT based procurement of goods and services
• Supervises and provides technical support to service providers selected to develop ICT systems
• Engages in communication and visibility activities
• Prepares timely progress reports
• Performs any other related duties
• Advanced University degree in Computer Applications and Software Development.
• At least 5 years ‘experience in developing ICT systems/applications/programs for international organizations, Governments and Private sector entities
• Working knowledge of English and Kiswahili.
• National of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
• Relevant experience in designing and developing workflow charts of ICT systems
• Ability to develop applications in both iOs and Android platforms
• Proven capabilities in coding and understanding different coding languages
• Good skills in developing interactive and attractive user interfaces
• Experience in managing and developing databases
• Demonstrated capacity in determining appropriate infrastructure for relevant ICT systems
• Excellent knowledge in cybersecurity and implementation of cybersecurity measures
• Ability to gather, organize and analyse information.
• Capacity to interact professionally with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Willingness to work extended hours and respond to strict deadlines.
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Good communication and computer literacy.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
• If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT