Supply Chain Manager
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Procurement & Logistic Management ]
Barrick Gold Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Kahama Shinyanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position reports to General Manager and is responsible to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within the team and the business on a practical note role holder will be accountable to provide leadership and optimize inventory holdings and reduce logistics (freight) costs, and to meet company business targets by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine, Health and Safety standards and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement a cost control system and effective supervision of capital spending and the sale of obsolete scraps within the Supply Chain.
• Reduce TRIFR and ensure that critical risk controls are implemented.
• Local content reporting and strategy
• Reduce stock holding/ inventory, whilst ensuring zero stock outs.
• Reduce freight costs.
• Coordinate the sale of redundant/obsolete stock, scrap & fixed assets.
• Ensure the integration of the Supply Chain into maintenance, processing, and mine planning.
• Develop and maintain a stakeholder engagement plan with key stakeholders, including; local and international suppliers, contractors, site operational staff, and local government agencies.
• Timely and accurate completion of daily, weekly, and monthly reports, with appropriate content.
• Ensure that objectives are met by team members.
• Conduct team member reviews and performance monitoring and appraisal meetings.
• Existence of Development Plans for team members, with milestones achieved.
• Ensure compliance with all Company legal ethics and compliance programs.
• Actively participate in and occasionally lead safety meetings and discussions.
• Identify potential savings opportunities and take appropriate action. Explore these ideas and complete CI initiatives for potential cost savings.
• Continually review every aspect of the areas’ activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and brought forward for review.
• Monitor employee performance to ensure optimum performance and initiate appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behavior.
• Ensure auditing of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory, BGML, and Group requirements to do with Supply Chain.
• Provide training, supervision, and direction to subordinates in the application and execution of acceptable inventory control, purchasing, and cataloging practices.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting, and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or equivalent
• MBA will be an added advantage.
• Supply Chain Board Registration is a must
Knowledge & Skills
• Leadership skills
• Knowledge of Inventory cum systems and procedures
• Strong organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Computer literate in MS Office Suite and Pronto.
• Strong desire to coach, train and develop people.
• Time management, scheduling, and planning.
• Analysis and interpretation of data and troubleshooting
• Previous Supply Chain experience of not less than 10 years.
• Mining Industry experience will be an added advantage.
• 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
• 5 years of experience in a remote site environment will be an advantage.
Work Ethics/ Disposition
• A person in this role must have good spatial cognitive skills including hazard identification.
• A person in this role must be able to train others.
• A person in this role must be able to motivate the supervisor and all tradesmen to acquire the desired objective.
• A person in this role must respect directives and instructions given by seniors
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree