Supply Chain Assistant (Mechanic &Generator Management
Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
28 December 2022
Within Tanzania , Kibondo , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role:
Ensuring DRC Asset and equipment are managed as per the Donor’s and DRC Standard Operating Procedures at Kibondo and Kasulu Office, Nduta and Nyarugusu Refugee Camps. This includes registering, updating, and maintaining documents and other tracking tools for proper asset and equipment management and other supply chain duties.
• Providing support on ensuring that Asset and Equipment management is complying to DRC and Donor’s SOP.
• Responsible for timely updating of asset and equipment register in DRC Dynamics.
• Providing support on asset and equipment tagging.
• Providing support on uploading all documents related to asset and equipment management in DRC dynamics.
• Providing support on issuing and retrieving asset and equipment.
• Providing support on following upon all repairs related to asset and equipment.
• Recognizing all expired and obsolete/obsolescence asset and equipment for disposal purposes as per the SOP.
• Providing support on conducting physical inventory of asset and equipment as required by the SOP.
• Providing general support on management of assets and equipment
Qualifications and Experience
Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain or Business Management is required..
• Minimum 3 years working with Refugees context
• Experience with ERP system. (DRC dynamics)
• High level of professionalism
• Experience in working with international organizations is an added advantage. Mainly UN agencies
• Experience in Supply Chain i.e Procurement, Fleet, warehouse, and assets management
• Experience in working as a team
• Experience with meeting deadlines
• Full professional proficiency in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Compliance and Detail-oriented
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable
• Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
• Understands humanitarian issues.
• Willing to travel to project sites in Kigoma.