Supervisor – UG Engineering at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Supervisor – UG Engineering
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 05 2023
Within Tanzania , Geita, East Africa
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To assist the underground mechanics team plus working very closely with experts in all aspects of effective Facilities Maintenance at the UG HME department. Should also be responsible to help successful delivery of the planned maintenance regime, fulfilling its statutory obligations, whilst providing a breakdown reactive response harmonizing both customers and organizational requirements.
• Diploma/Full Technical Certificate in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering.
• VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One/Level Three in Mechanical Engineering.
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• At least five (5) working experience in mechanical or automotive engineering.
• Driving experience and competency in UG & Surface Mining Environment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Good awareness and ability to manage safety, health, and environmental aspects in the workplace.
• Be able to ensure the shift handover is done in a technical professional for the incoming shift.
• Shift report must be well managed from start to end of shift in a daily basis.
• Participates in the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of assigned staff; participates in the establishment of performance requirements and personal development targets and provides technical assistance and advice to assigned staff.
• Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to ensure a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving the department’s strategic plan, objectives, and values.
• Assists with the development and administration of the department’s annual budget; directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, consultants, contractors, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs the monitoring of and approves expenditures; directs and implements adjustments as necessary to meet changing conditions.
• Schedules training with vendor technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting for a variety of pumps, pumping mechanisms, and related equipment and appurtenances.
• Works well with all stakeholders, co-operating and coordinating works to ensure that all equipment are optimized and running efficiently.
• Responds promptly to all breakdowns, ensuring that equipment is returned effectively to production, whilst causing minimum disruption to its continuity and without compromising product quality or safety.
• Carries out planned maintenance activities in line with maintenance schedules and helps to develop and maintain schedules in line with requirements.
• Ensures that all equipment processes are fully compliant with organizational and legislative health and safety requirements.
• Should be competent to carry out small to medium sized mechanically based project works’ machine rebuild.
• Ensure all safety concerns are being shared and reported timely and actions are executed/closed.
• Ensure the Supervision is most effective to obtain proper maintenance to meet our target KPI.
• Ensure all mechanics are coming to work as per their roster and disciplinary actions are taken against absenteeism.
• Ensure he/she always maintain an effective communication to upper levels of management.
• Ensure mechanics are arriving at work on time and even during lunch time.
• Be able to coach and train the subordinates based on the daily activities.
• Performing checks and tests to verify the success of repair work.
• Supports and promotes the application of continuous improvement principles in the oversight of operations within the business unit.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of best practice in unit work processes and supports the philosophy of continuous improvement.
• Develops and monitors team and individual performance measures, ensuring that they align with District’s Strategic and Operational Plans.
• Ensures a thorough understanding of the Strategic Planning Cycle and participates in its development and deployment.
• Sound knowledge on health, safety and Environmental issues and procedures
• Must be able to work with minimum Supervision
• Demonstrate good commitment to deriver
• Ability to work under pressure
• Must be physical and mentally fit.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Problem-solving skills
• Computer literacy.
• Excellent planning and leadership abilities.
• Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
• Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Supervisor – UG Engineering’’
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).