Strategic Information (SI) Officer
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Strategic Information (SI) Officer
Reports to: District Program Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 70% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Strategic Information (SI) Officer is responsible for managing at the district level all data entry and database-related tasks and queries; reporting district data to the District Program Lead and SI Coordinator; and developing data analysis presentations for the district. The Strategic Information Officer’s responsibilities include supervising electronic data entry and cleaning of the paper forms from field activities, as well as follow-up with health facility registries for referral and linkage tracing and verification, and supportive supervision to outreach workers on Strategic Information issues. The SI Officer also supports data collection and reporting at the facility level. S/he will work closely with the other members of the program and strategic information teams.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop district level SI workplans covering activities in both community and facility.
• Ensure timely and complete data entry in both paper-based and electronic systems, ensuring consistency between linked systems.
• Supervise team to referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes
• Lead generation of queries and ensure completion of data cleaning activities
• Fix any errors and problems observed in the database, and report any hardware/software malfunctions to central team as needed
• Schedule and conduct monthly and quarterly data collection covering all sites within the district.
• Lead in training new staff, healthcare workers, and volunteers on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting and database
• Develop monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators at the district level for submission and review to the District Program Lead, SI Coordinator and central team
• Develop data analysis presentations and progress tracking at the district level
• Ensure all team members maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in data management, computer science, monitoring & evaluation, epidemiology, statistics, or related field or
Advanced Diploma with significant experience o Preferred: Master’s level or higher in relevant in data management, computer science, monitoring & evaluation, epidemiology, statistics, or related field
• Required Technical Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience with data management of PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDS programs in facility or community. Must have:
o Experience with programming language and database design and development
o Demonstrated familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including CTC2, DAC tool, DHIS, and DATIM
• Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive information contained in data sources.
• Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings and entertainment centers and travel extensively to remote areas, including islands.
• Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
To apply please visit: https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/listing