SOS Assistant Mother
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a non-governmental organization that is focused on serving children who have lost care or those who are at risk of losing their parents. The organization is focused on providing alternative education for children by providing them with alternative families in shelters and within the community. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania has been working in Tanzania since 1991. The organization has been providing alternative care services, strengthening families and education for children in the regions of Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza, Iringa, Mufindi, Unguja and Pemba. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is looking for someone with the following qualifications to fill the position of:
Job Position: SOS Assistant Mother
Work Center: Children’s Villages (1 Place) Dar es Salaam
Reports To: Alternative Care Coordinator
Purpose of work
The Assistant Mother is responsible for going around the SOS care homes, doing the work of the Mothers on vacation and providing the necessary support to the main caregivers when necessary. Mother Assistants work in collaboration with Mothers to ensure they provide reliable childcare services to the children under their care. Mother Helper is an important part of SOS families; so he has to be a caring, understanding, mature and responsible person so that he can be trusted by children as a true guardian.
Job Responsibilities of the Assistant Mother.
• He helps the mother by working closely with the mother and ensuring that there is well-being among the children who are raising them.
• She carries the responsibilities of a mother when she is not there, she lives in SOS houses and does all the work that a mother should do, these responsibilities include washing and drying the children’s clothes, cooking, bathing them and general cleanliness of the house.
• He helps the mother in managing the educational development of the children, for example supervising the children while they study, helping the children to do the tasks given by the teachers.
• He understands and manages the rights and responsibilities of each child.
• He helps the mother to plan and manage entertainment activities, sports or to make external visits to build unity and solidarity.
• He gives accurate information to the mother about anything that has appeared in the child that is unusual for further action.
• Assists Mother with tasks such as budgeting, shopping, meal planning and accounting as required.
• He guides the children so that they can become independent, he advises the children to develop themselves educationally and academically to enable them to face life after leaving the SOS Care Village.
• Must have an education not less than Secondary, Training Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Development (ECD) is an additional qualification
• He should not have major family responsibilities. Should not have children under 12 years of age
• Awe is ready to live in the SOS Village as a mother of children who need care.
• Ability to speak English is an added advantage.
• If he does not have a secondary school certificate, he should have any child care certificate or any letter that proves that he has been involved in the care of children similar to these.
• A mother who completed the fourth form will be given priority.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
To apply for this position, send your letter of application explaining your experience, qualifications and abilities, accompanied by the shadows of the certificates, CV, and the names of three sponsors with addresses and contact numbers (Referees) to the address:
The National Director, SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
PO Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Or send by email: email@example.com
The deadline for sending applications is on 10. 01. 2023. The office will inform those who will be selected on simplicity.