Exciting Employment Opportunity
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly AO countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven, and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance, and civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance, and more.
Pact has received funding from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation (CNHF) to scale up integrated early childhood development (ECD) services in Tanzania by integrating early childhood care and development activities into Pact’s ongoing, USAID-funded ACHIEVE project. ACHIEVE uses a comprehensive, family-centered case management approach led by community-based case workers to provide a broad package of services to households with orphans and other vulnerable children in close coordination with the Government of Tanzania’s health and social services and other service providers. With support from CNHF, Pact will build on the ACHIEVE platform to provide additional, critical early childhood care and development services to improve the well- being and future prosperity of infants and young children, focusing on the 1A councils in the regions of Mbeya and Tabora.
Pact Tanzania is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, energetic individual to fill the following vacant position for the Hilton Foundation Project:
Position: Assistant Finance Officer – ECD Integration, Head Office (Dar es Salaam)(1 position)
Project: Hilton Foundation Project
Contract Duration: 1-year contract (Renewable)
Job Objective: Perform functions to support Pact Tanzania in financial management to provide accurate, current, and complete disclosure of financial transactions for the project.
The Finance Assistant works with the Finance team to ensure that Pact’s financial policies and procedures and those of the donor are adhered to all times and accurate financial records are maintained.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing Payments on the bank system and mobile money facility
- Preparing Payment Vouchers and Journal Vouchers
- Initiate Transactions for Posting in the Accounting system and Filling Financial Documents.
- Management of Petty Cash
- Tracking Bank Balance to ensure availability of funds at any point in time and acting as Bank Agent.
- Prepare monthly payment of workers compensation fund in the WCF system.
- Perform Any other duties as assigned by supervisor/finance team
- Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting /Finance,
- NBAA Intermediate Stage Module D’; higher modules will be added advantage.
- At least one year experience working in the finance/accounting area, particularly handling of cash and processing of payments (online and mobile money transfers)
- Working experience in posting of financial data in accounting software.
- Prior experience in working with Donor funded Projects and managing a functional level in a busy environment.
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications, including EXCEL.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluence in English and Swahili.
- Experience on electronic/lnternet Banking
- Experience on Accounting Packages
- Tanzanian work experience is necessary: Tanzania National is preferred.
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application online (through Email: email@example.com identifying the position you are applying for in the subject line). Only the applications sent online will be reviewed.
The closing date for applications is on April 10th, 2023.
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.