Senior Technical Advisor-Frontiers Health Markets Engage Project
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Project Overview:
FHM Engage is a global cooperative agreement to provide technical assistance supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences, contributing to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning and other health services and products in mixed health systems. Led by Chemonics, with R4D as co-technical lead, alongside Pathfinder International and Zenysis Technologies, FHM Engage will work through 16 local, regional, and specialized network implementation partners (NIPs) to deliver lasting results. Building on over 30 years of USAID investment, FHM Engage focuses on strengthening local health markets by addressing the root causes of market failures in the core market functions to create the necessary behavior change that catalyzes supply and demand and supports sustainable change. In Tanzania, FHM Engage aims to increase private sector contributions to achieving national objectives related to voluntary family planning, maternal, newborn, child health, and adolescent, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDs, malaria, and/or other infectious diseases.
• Work closely with the Chief of Party FHM engage, Pathfinder country team, and other project staff to understand program goals and develop work plans that meet expectations
Program Implementation and Capacity Development:
• Provide technical guidance and assistance both within project team and externally to guide the development and implementation of interventions designed to improved quality of services offered in private facilities
• Execute activities in timely manner, including proactively and creatively managing problems that arise and anticipating ways to avoid them
• Lead/ manage implementation of trainings, meetings, supportive supervision visits, etc., as necessary, and continually reflect on experiences and suggest and implement improvements.
• Contribute to the continued evolution of a positive and collaborative team culture that affirms diversity, equity and inclusion
• Engage fully as a member of the Tanzania Pathfinder and FHM engage staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other Pathfinder and FHM engage events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed.
o Undertake all activities in full compliance with standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and Tanzanian laws and Pathfinder policies and procedures
o Other duties as assigned
o Work with stakeholders (ADDOs, PRINMAT, CSSC, APHTA and others) to improve quality of services offered through their institutions.
Human Resources Management:
o Assist in the selection, training and support of qualified program staff
o Develop work plans in line with financial pipelines, Work Chief Party, Finance team and Logistics to plan and procure supplies within program budgets and Ensure compliance with donor regulations
Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies, consider security implications of all program activities, reviewing all new initiatives with program staff