Senior Tax Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2023
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 20, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Client tax accounting team seeks a strong team player to join their team. This person will be heavily involved with the preparation of Client quarterly tax provision and will be responsible for various aspects of this process. This person will also have the opportunity to work with international tax and finance teams on cross functional tax and finance related projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and review quarterly tax provision work papers and income tax disclosures for the Company’s filings
• Assist in the consolidation and review of the legal entity forecast as well as analyze the Company business results and explain their impact on the tax provision
• Collaborate with other functions (internal tax teams, other finance organizations such as External Reporting, Accounting, Treasury, and EY) to ensure all changes affecting income tax reporting are effectively managed.
• Provide guidance and support to the client Global HQ and international tax teams on income tax reporting matters
• Collaborate and engage with business, finance, and IT teams in relation to all tax matters
• Assist with responses to tax notices for all tax types
• Assists with developing and evaluating planning opportunities
• Assist with sales tax, income tax and property tax audits
• 8+ years corporate income tax provision experience preferably at a large publicly traded multinational company or large public accounting firm (experienced senior or manager level)
• Knowledge of ASC 740 income tax provision, Accounting for Income Taxes and Tanzania income taxation
• Has good working knowledge, experience and application of tax regulations and tax accounting principles, theories, concepts, standards, and practices.
• Must be a team player, able to work independently, and can navigate across large complex organizations
• Experience with tax research and analysis with the ability to effectively communicate results in the form of discussion or memorandum
• Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues and assist with developing solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity; (2) good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present accounting and finance findings to a variety of audiences including management and external parties: (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including managers and external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills
• Knowledge and experience using general ledger systems and tax accounting systems (SAP preferred)
• Attention to detail with the ability to communicate the big picture
• Maintain personal skill development
• Be inquisitive in nature and motivated to learn and understand
• Strong communication skills, analytical abilities, and problem-solving skills
• Maintains a positive work attitude in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Certified Public Accountant
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and data analysis skills a must
• OneSource Tax Provision experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are invited to share Cover letter, CV and Academic Certificates no later than 10th April, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT MUST READY “APPLICATION FOR SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT”. Email with no above Subject will not be considered.
We will contact only shortlisted candidates.