Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
Deadline of this Job:
08 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Researcher will support organization’s research with young people. They will be responsible for the development of research protocols, tools, data analysis, and reporting across our health and economic opportunity portfolio. Their activities will include supporting our current research projects on health and employment among young people in Tanzania. An ideal candidate for this role will have experience in research methodologies including segmentation analyses and conjoint analysis, conducting literature reviews, developing protocols for IRB submissions, training and overseeing field research teams of enumerators, data analysis, and reporting. Experience in conducting qualitative research with young people, including validation of research tools, will be required.
• Receive project and organization onboarding
• Lead the submission and defense of the study protocol to the IRB.
• Support the finalization of the survey tools and lead its translation.
• Participate in any relevant partner and team calls
• Lead the process for identifying/ recruiting 2,000 survey participants.
• Develop training plans, training tools, and SOPs for research assistants. Lead training sessions with support from the research team
• Support and supervise in-person data collection reports. Conduct regular quality checks on data and enumerator compliance with research SOPs e.g. consent documentation.
• Clean, code, and analyze survey data.
• Create final segmentation report.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
• 8-10 years of work experience in quantitative or mixed methods research
• An advanced degree (Masters, PhD, or DrPH) in public health, demography, international development, or related field
• Prior leadership role in building out a project data use strategy.
• Extensive experience with:
-Writing an IRB protocol
-Designing a sampling methodology
-Developing and validating research tools
-Experience working with local community leaders to recruit potential youth participants according to a predetermined sampling frame.
-Using various quantitative and qualitative data collection software platforms
-Conducting data cleaning, analysis, dissemination, and visualization (e.g. composing donor deliverables, conference presentations, and peer-reviewed journal articles)
• Experience conducting research on youth employment/economic inclusion.
• Prior work experience with digital health interventions
• Familiarity with human-centered design/design thinking methodology
• A mixed methods researcher with previous experience conducting large-scale quantitative research, including leading segmentation analyses.
• Adept at developing, testing, and conducting large scale surveys in resource-limited settings.
• A resident of Tanzania with fluency in both English and Swahili
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: email@example.com not later than 08th February 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open to both Local and Expert.