Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Deadline of this Job:
19 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Kasulu, Kigoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible to support M&E activities in accordance with organization policy and procedures. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer must be aware of, and adhered to Good Neighbors Tanzania Code of Conduct and Ethics. He/she will have a calm, friendly and professional manner with a passion for delivery and M&E professionalism. He/she will also be capable to see through a task to completion with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor all projects according to Good Neighbors guideline and reporting in a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Develop DME system including data management and processing module for proper analysis.
• Building DME program for both outline and online platforms.
• Communicate with Regional Office for all DME issues.
• Assess key changes occurred during and after project implementation for measuring impact throughout implementation.
• Ensure results and information are regularly shared across teams and feed meaningfully into program design and implementation plans.
• Writing monitoring and evaluation reports, preparing presentations and presenting findings to internal and external stakeholders whenever needed.
• Assist the Organization to build capacity to each staff related to DME.
• Provide technical support to operation/project teams on setting indicators, baseline data collection, data analysis and setting monitoring tools.
• Cooperate with operation/project teams in monitoring and evaluating activities implemented in all office and Community Development Projects (CDPs) including reporting and recommending improvements on ongoing implementation of projects in offices and CDPs.
• Conducting other M&E and administrative tasks as required.
• Required to attend at least 3 courses every year as provided by Gn academy including any other courses provided by GNTZ or by any other training institution, aiming to develop knowledge and capacity in own work.
• Required to achieve 90% of individual annual targets and department annual targets.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• Bachelor degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or any other related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or any related field.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation legislations, policies and best practices.
• Sound knowledge of research and evaluation tools, principles and methods.
• Good analysis and evaluation skills.
• Experience in working with NGO.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills.
• An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili.
• Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
• Ability to multi-task, time management and adaptability to transitions.
• Report writing skills.
• Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
• Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to provide guidance and instructions to new or inexperienced staff. Perform other duties as may be required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree