Senior Mine Surveyor
North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 06 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Mine Surveyor to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure the compliance to all regulatory and Barrick health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report
• Participate-in and provide a strong contribution to the site safety and environment culture.
• Understands mine planning and mining production requirements.
• Understands Project Planning, Civil and Architectural drawings of various projects.
• Supervising and coaching of Survey Technicians and Survey Assistants.
• Responsible of setting out surveys of all engineering, geotechnical and geological designs with minimal supervision.
• Perform Bathymetric survey of Tailing Storage Facility and other water bodies within the mine.
• Complete other duties as required by Survey First Line Leader and or other supervisor.
• Assist Survey Technicians as required in their day-to-day duties.
• Perform End of Month data collection, computation, reconciliation and Reporting
• Adhere to and improve procedures and practices for Mine surveying.
• Ensure survey data is compiled into correct formats and grid reference systems.
• Provide as-built surveys for all excavations and infrastructure.
• Ensure data is appropriately and safely stored in databases and filing systems.
• Responsible for continuously updating underground and open cut mining plans to meet statutory requirements.
• Manage systems for the lay out and maintenance of survey reference marks both on the surface and underground, for the control of drilling, development, services and production activities.
• Check and control Survey equipment to ensure effectiveness and optimal utilization
• Develop protocol for the auditing of survey activities undertaken by the Survey Technicians.
• Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching downwards to ensure survey technicians and Survey Assistants gain new skills and attain their maximum potential.
• Ensure that all survey equipment is kept in serviceable condition by carrying out regular checks, and performing user allowed adjustments.
• Fulfill the role of Senior Mine Surveyor during his/her absence.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Geomatics or Land Surveying
Experience and Competencies needed
• At least 5 years’ experience in Civil Construction Projects including roads, dams and Buildings.
• Practical experience in large mining environment preferable in Underground and Open pit
• Excellent safety record
• A strong knowledge of Large Mining Surveying principles
• Good experience with modern surveying equipment such Drones, Trimble/Leica/Sokkia GNSS receivers and Trimble/Leica Total Station, Optical level and plummets, Laser scanners and Slimgyro/Boretrack.
• Strong knowledge of Mining Software such as Geovia Surpac, Maptek, Datamine, AutoCAD 3D, Trimble Business Centre (TBC), ArcGIS and Microsoft Office package.
• Possession of current and valid Tanzania driving license
• Possession of current Tanzania Passport
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree