Senior Manager, Agency Banking
Equity Bank Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
07 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong foot print in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and now in DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
• Reporting to the Head of Payments, is responsible for the growth of the Agent Banking business into a significant business line in terms of outreach and profitability and in line with the bank’s Alternate Channel game plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and oversee the execution of a robust agent on-boarding process (agents’ selection, agents’ business pitch, document validation, branding, training and provision of business device) in compliance with set out regulatory guidelines.
• Develop and oversee the execution of an agent & Super-agent monitoring and support framework– (liquidity management, visits by banks regional/ branch staff as well as Agency RMs) to maintain an active agency channel.
• Work with all stakeholders to ensure stable and effective service delivery on agent banking channel (minimal service downtimes, efficient agent service levels agreements and recourse systems) to maintain an active agent network.
• Initiate and manage relationships with Agency relationship Managers / third parties, to support the Agent
• Channel in line with banks strategic objectives.
• Collect & Consolidate Agency banking performance business reports to inform a sustainable agent channel, good customer experience and products performance.
• Collect and consolidate reports for Agency Banking for on warding submission to regulator as per agreed timelines.
• Scope the market for solutions to inform agent banking channel growth and evolution.
• Develop agent banking training curriculum and oversee execution of the training plan (training of trainers for bank staff and agents training).
• Build capacity, manage and coach team members.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• Five years’ experience in banking or Telecommunications Enterprise or Agent Network Management
• Enterprise of which 3 years should be in a managerial role.
• Reporting, Analytical and Presentation skills.
• Computer Proficiency especially with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
• Strong networking and relationship management skills
• Ability to identify business opportunities from market intelligence and make value-adding recommendations.
• Excellent communication, inter personal and negotiation skills.
• Exposure to customer service and the ability to handle conflicts and client complaints.
• A team player with ability to lead and work under minimum supervision.
• Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
• Great attention to detail
• Mature disposition in the handling of external stakeholders that support the Alternate Channels.
• Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses and the bank’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
• Strong leadership skills
• Sound communication and negotiation skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Demonstrates sound judgement and decision making abilities.
• Problem solving.
• Customer and service orientated.
• Have a supportive, solution seeking approach.
• Think proactively.
• Works as part of a team and builds relationships (Team player).
• Demonstrates trustworthiness and integrity.
• Focuses on delivering results.
Education Qualification Requirement
• Bachelor Degree from any recognized university preferably in Banking, commerce, Economics, Sales &
• Marketing, Accountant or related field.
• Master’s Degree in a related field is an added advantage.
• Professional qualifications e.g. CPA, etc. is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to TZRecruitment@equitybank.co.tz
Deadline: Thursday 7th January, 2023