Senior Data Management Associate
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Kasulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Standard Job Description
Senior Data Management Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The position is supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works independently with an oversight from the supervisor. The position directly supervises some support staff.
Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
• Monitor the regular data entry activities and verify accuracy and relevance of data on a regular basis.
• Prepare regular database back-ups.
• Coordinate the data transfer of refugee records amongst camps.
• May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
• Ensure that the data which are mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and persons of concern to UNHCR are correctly entered into the computer databases.
• Develop and run the required reports from the databases used in the operation including ProGress database and assist in analysis/interpretation of data to identify patterns/trends.
• Compile data and interpret the statistics for various reports.
• Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
• Identify knowledge and hardware gaps of the operation in relation to all aspects of data management.
• Decide on data recorded in the database.
• Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents.
• Escalate issues to supervisor if the incident cannot be resolved within area of responsibility.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
• Years of Experience / Degree Level
• For G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Information Technology Electronic Data Processing
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
• Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later) Certification.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access.
• Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specified training relevant to the functions of the position.
• Previous experience working with UN/UNHCR.
• IT-Computer Literacy
• DM-Data collection methodologies
• DM-Data Management
• DM-Database Management
• (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)