Senior Credit Data Scientist
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, Morogoro, Iringa, Mbeya, Songwe and Zanzibar , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To provide competent and reliable support on credit related projects including system development / implementation / enhancements and automation, new credit product designing, CRB services, Credit Scoring Tools, IFRS9 assessment, maintenance of credit risk related models, validation and reporting, etc.
• To deliver a professional service, this includes conducting advanced analytics with regards to NMB’s loan portfolio performance trends and the overall banking industry as a whole in an effort of mitigate credit risks and thereafter make recommendations for management decisions.
• To prepare and ensure availability of analytical reports to all internal and external partners that involved in credit matters and handling various credit related queries.
• Responsible for applying advanced analytical skills and machine learning experience to develop, review, validate and maintain credit risk related models and dashboards for the bank.
• Provide proper support and supervision of the IFRS 9 solutions particularly on reports preparation, process review, system enhancement and validation.
• Responsible for identifying hotspots, modelling and providing analytical updates on internal and external factors that influence NMB’s portfolio performance and banking industry as a whole in an effort of mitigating credit risk exposure.
• Responsible for managing CRB services within NMB Bank with regards to monthly data submission, data quality improvement, system enhancements, trainings and handling disputes/queries concerning CRB process on ensuring full compliance in accordance with BOT regulatory requirements.
• Develop and maintain detailed processes and other requirements related to credit risk models.
• Responsible for providing full support by sharing all the required credit reports/information and handling various credit related queries to the internal and external partners including BOT, auditors and other institutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
• A comprehensive knowledge of credit risk models.
• Understanding of Programming languages e.g. Java, C, SQL, Python, R, etc.
• Business Intelligence & Data analytics.
• Knowledge of Machine Learning Techniques.
• Strong mathematical & numeracy skills.
• Understanding of the reports & data visualizations tools.
• Critical thinking, excellent analytical and creative.
• Communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Self-directed work and problem-solving centric attitude.
• Ability to independently research and develop innovative analytics.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, or related fields.
• At least 3 years’ experience preferably in; –
-Programing languages including SQL, Python, Scala and Perl; and R.
-SQL and NoSQL databases.
-Data mining and manipulation, machine learning algorithms and applications.
• Experience in Credit risk modelling within the Banking industry is an added advantage.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer