Security Investigator (Internal Candidates Only)
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Conducts background investigations on candidates for employment and on local contractors to determine suitability for business.
• Conducts research on behalf of other U.S. law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation.
• Develops and maintains contacts with local government authorities, the police and other law enforcement and private security entities to protect the security of post personnel, coordinate U.S. dignitary visits, and facilitates international conferences.
• Coordinates with local authorities by traveling to different cities in the country to facilitate VIP visits to those locations.
• Assists post employees involved in crimes and accidents to coordinate with local police.
Threat Analysis 10%
• Gathers and evaluates intelligence information concerning threats against post personnel, facilities, or information.
• Works with local contacts to receive and verify criminal, counterintelligence, terrorist or other threat information.
• Monitors trends in significant criminal and terrorist activities and any relevant socio-political developments in country and produces analytical reports on the impact of these developments on the post security environment.
Administrative work 10%
• Maintains staff briefing and debriefing records and vehicle fuel usage logs.
• Performs translation service for RSO when required.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in law enforcement, military, private security, or investigation is required.
• Good working knowledge of the local and regional judicial system including criminal laws and procedures, and laws regarding marriage divorce, adoption and military service.
• Detailed knowledge of investigative techniques and security databases.
• A minimum of two (2) years University Studies is required.
LANGUAGE: English Good working knowledge (Reading/Writing/Speaking) is required and Kiswahili Fluent (Reading/Writing/Speaking) is required. (This may be tested).
Skills and abilities:
• A valid driver’s license is required. (Class B & D) is required.