Secretary to The Managing Director [CMD]
Maendeleo Bank PLC
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the MD, the Role Holder is Key to enabling the MD to concentrate on strategic aspects. S/He will be required to be flexible-exceptionally organized with personal approach, possess a positive and outstanding problem solving attitude.
The Secretary primarily will be acting as a trusted point of contact for the MD’s office for all external parties and internal staff and dealing appropriate with correspondence, managing MD’s meeting appointments, calls and visitors etc.
Also S/He will be responsible for administrative issues pertaining to the MD’s office.
1. Management of communication: Manage correspondence to and from the MD’s office including screening phone calls, emails, enquiries and requests and handling them appropriately.
2. Drafting of correspondence and reply to some enquiries on behalf of the MD
3. Professional Diary management including planning, organizing and preparing papers for the MD, co-ordination of travel, visas, hotel booking and meeting whilst maintaining awareness of the key deadlines.
4. Ensure the MD’s office is accessible to all and perceived as operating effectively and efficiently including liaising with stakeholders (clients, suppliers and staff on business issues).
5. Supporting the MD in completing tasks as required which include; preparations of reports, proposals, presentations, budget, and related activities in servicing and developing relationship with stakeholders and partners.
6. Ensure Board Meeting documents and other documents under MD’s office are under safe custody.
7. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Superior with view of bank’s Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications required:
• Holder of University Degree in Business subjects, Human Resources Management,
• Law or other Social Science.
• Experienced practitioner with excellent communication skills, good organizing skills,
• IT Literacy and self-starter who is comfortable working without close supervision is desired. Someone attended Secretarial Courses will be an added advantage.
This position carries a competitive salary and packages commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications addressed to the Managing Director enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees should be sent through E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ; Subject of the e-mail SHOULD be title of the position applied for.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 January 2022 or before 17.00 hours,
No scan copies of certificates are required at this point.