School Matron post
Anazak Pre and Primary School is a private owned English medium school established to provide high quality educational services to children aged 2 to 12 years old. The school is located at Kimara Temboni, Saranga Ward in Ubungo District, Dar es Salaam Region. It is a school with modern facilities to enable effective teaching and learning process. Children are monitored closely on their growth and development in the learning process. They sharpen their potentials and update their knowledge and skills to meet the fast-growing technology and the changing world.
We are looking for highly motivated and committed School Matron to join our team to ensure the good health and welfare of all pupils. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced practitioner to further their experience and contribute to the health and welfare of pupils at our school.
To provide a high-quality level care, pastoral support to the pupils
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that the welfare needs of the children are met by liasing with parents to discuss any specific needs of their child and ensuring that appropriate provision is made for children with medical conditions or specific needs
- Providing high level of care in the event of a child becoming ill whilst at school
- Ensuring the safe storage and handling of medicines
- With cooperation with school nurse to maintain accurate records of the medical needs of the pupils and all health issues
- Ensuring training within the prescribed time frame including first Aid and others relating their growth and their needs
- Provide support and advise school management on issues pertaining to the health and welfare of pupils
- Undertaking the cleanness of the pupils dormitory
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of all children at the school and to adhehere to and ensure compliance with the pupils guidance at all times.
Experience and skills
- Experience in caring profession
- Ability to communicate confidently and deal with challenging situation of pupils
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and take decisive action
- Ability to maintain accurate records of pupils
- Good organisational skills and the ability to priotise and manage tasks
- Computer skills
- A professional manner and appearance
- Friendly,warm personality with excellent inter-personal skills
- Clear communication skills,both oral and written
- Self motivated with positive professional attitude
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Certificate or Diploma of Nursing and Social work and other related fields from recognized Institution and any training and experience related to the vacancy
- Experience at least not less than two (2) years
- Age of 35 and above will be more considerable
Terms of service: Full time
Applicants must attach an up to date CV and copies of academic certificates and other trainings
Applicants must attach a cover letter written in English or Swahili language
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should submit all application to:
Anazak Pre-and primary school
Dar es Salaam
Deadline for submitting application is: 26th June 2023.