Road Transport Manager job at Vivo Energy
Road Transport Manager
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Implement Road transport strategy and ensure compliance of HSSE performance targets and drive HSSE continuous improvement towards Goal Zero
• Ensure Audit program is conducted for all transport operations and accompany/ maintain all contractors towards a professional level
• Set and meet transport operating Budget. Monitor and report monthly Transport performances.
• Deliver the value improvements as defined from the contract management process with conjunction with the Transport contract lead.
• Manage Transport Contract renewal as per contract board recommendations.
• Ensure all staff have required all technical expertise to carry out their role, and ensure suitable succession plan in place
• Manage staff performance and motivate towards delivering company goals.
• Develop, maintain, and support implementation of RT standards/ procedures / guidelines.
• Provide technical and economic Road Transport advice.
• Road Transport Assurance via Road Transport Reviews.
• Build drivers competence via coaching and formal training
• Drive and Support Road Transport improvements projects (incl. Local Optimum)
• Graduate in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering) with at least five years’ experience in Logistics/ Distribution
• Leadership skills required to influence all partners.
• Customer satisfaction oriented
• Extensive HSSE and or transportation industry experience
• Strong analytical capability