Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 27 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure effective, efficient, well controlled, and timely collections from customer and recording of customer collections.
• Perform detailed revenue analysis as required from the Financial Controller, CFO and Sales team to support the effective collection and management of profitable sales.
• Preparing the required daily, weekly, and monthly reports for sales and collections for effective management control, reporting and management. To also support the Tax Accountant in preparing to the CFO and Financial Controller of VAT and tax effects of rebates and other sales schemes.
• To ensure accurate general ledger and subledger accounts related to revenues and customers, including effective clearing and reconciliations.
• To ensure that the end-to-end sales process from order to dispatch reconciles (6-way revenue reconciliation of stock movements to weighbridge to delivery notes, cash collections, SAP records and VAT tax returns/EFD register.
• Be an effective link between the Finance and Sales team while ensuring that you provide the coordination between senior finance officers (CFO and Financial Controller) with the senior sales team including the Head of Sales.
• Review and provide comfort to the senior finance team of all sales documents to be processed not limited to sales rebates and sales returns/damages and corrections. Ensure that these are processed timely.
• To fully reconcile the bank reconciliations for collection bank accounts on a monthly basis
• Any other duties.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the FC and/or CFO , including being the lead in monitoring and reporting on Key Performance indicators (KPIS) of the Finance department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or any related field.
• Qualified candidate with CPA/ACA/ACCA
• A minimum of 3 years of work experience in manufacturing industry.
Skills and Competencies
• Sound understanding of basic computer packages and a good understanding of ERPs, specifically SAP (ability to be developed up within one year on SAP).
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with teams across departments.
• Good understanding of our business and the environment it operates in.
• Good business acumen.
• Ability to learn fast.
• Able to work under pressure.
• The job holder must have the potential of progressing into a higher role in the department and/or organization.
• Personal Health Insurance
• Pay Off Time
• Training and Development
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree