Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Deadline of this Job:
13 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ifakara Health Institute seeks a qualified and experienced Research Scientist. The researcher will support the implementation of a research project implanted at IHI. The project intends to study various methods of paying providers and draw some recommendations for improving payment methods in Tanzania – in an effort to reach universal health coverage (UHC).
Many countries including Tanzania are implementing various health financing reforms. One dimension where reforms are envisaged is around provider payment mechanisms especially in reimbursing health providers and facilities from health insurance funds.
Ifakara seeks a researcher (health economist) to join the project and support the implementation of the research project in data collection, data analysis, report writing, and dissemination.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review various grey and scientific literature, papers and reports on health financing in Tanzania and beyond.
• Synthesize evidence from reviewing different literature.
• Participate in developing data collection tools and testing.
• Oversee all data collection activities and prepare fieldwork reports.
• Work on quantitative data management and analysis related to health financing using STATA software and Excel.
• Participate in writing reports, scientific manuscripts, and other outputs to disseminate results in technical working groups, and in local & international conferences. Perform any other duty assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Master’s degree in Health Economics or Economics specializing in health economics.
• Knowledge and familiarity with data analysis and management using STATA software and Excel.
• Experience in undertaking health-related research particularly on health financing.
• Experience in health system reforms particularly health financing reforms.
Skills and Competencies
• Possess the highest level of integrity.
• Team Player.
• Self-motivated and result oriented.
• Strong data management and data analysis skills.
• Proven interpersonal skills in dealing with different scientists, accountants and administrators.
• Be fluent in English and Swahili languages; written and spoken.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to interact with government officials, health providers and patients.
• Adhere to Ifakara’s core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, February, 13th 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH SCIENTIST – HEALTH ECONOMIST. Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania