Research Assistants/Enumerators at Utafiti Tanzania Company Ltd
Utafiti Tanzania Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 02 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Sunday, April 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Company:
Utafiti Tanzania Company Ltd is a consultancy company engaged in all research projects and activities, such as baseline surveys, evaluations, assessments, opinion polls and applied research.
Utafiti is led by the vision where Policy and Practice are informed by research. Utafiti is committed to offering quality services in the promotion of research and the use of research-related products.
Utafiti Tanzania Company Ltd seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Research Assistants/Enumerators for qualitative and quantitative data collection. The successful candidates will also be responsible for translating data collection instruments, performing live translation in the field, and transcribing audio. The Research Assistants/Enumerators will work on a contractual basis and be deployed to various locations within Tanzania.
• Attend all training organized by Utafiti
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection as required through interviews, focus group discussions, surveys, and other methods.
• Translate data collection instruments from English to Swahili and vice versa.
• Perform live translation during fieldwork activities.
• Transcribe audio recordings of interviews, focus group discussions, and other data collection methods.
• Ensure accuracy, completeness, and confidentiality of all collected data.
• Work closely with the research team to ensure timely and high-quality data collection.
• Submit daily progress reports to the research team.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the research team.
• Bachelor’s degree or Masters in any profession.
• Age below 35 years old
• Excellent communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to attend trainings organized by Utafiti Tanzania
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Willingness to travel and work in remote areas.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure data collection, translation and transcription accuracy.
• Reliable: Dependable and able to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility: Willingness to work irregular hours, travel, and work in remote areas.
• Team player: Ability to work well, collaborate with others, and support team members.
• Adaptability: Adapting to changing situations, taking on new tasks, and learning quickly.
• Professionalism: Demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of the job, including communication, conduct, and appearance.
• Ethical: Adhere to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality in research.
• Cultural sensitivity: Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and demonstrate cultural sensitivity and understanding.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their CV by completing the form below:
The deadline for application submission is April 02, 2023, at 23:59.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Research Assistants/Enumerators should not be currently employed and should not be above 35 years old. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend trainings organized by Utafiti.