Replacement Housing Site Superintendent
Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project comprises 1145 km of heated crude oil pipeline from Hoima in Uganda to Tanga in Tanzania arriving at a marine storage terminal and offloading facility.
Approximately 5000 hectares of land are required in 8 Regions and 27 Districts. This permanent land acquisition process will result in the physical displacement of some affected stakeholders. Replacement Houses will be provided to physically displaced households.
The Replacement Housing Officer, reporting to the Replacement House Lead, will be field based and responsible to coordinate, supervise and monitor the construction of Replacement Houses and assist the Replacement Housing Lead with site solutions and Replacement Housing Officer
Context and environment
• The Replacement Housing Site Superintendent will be primarily based within the Replacement House Construction Areas, with the possibility of office missions in Dar Es Salaam.
• The Replacement Housing Site Superintendent will interface with the Compensation Payments Team (Dar Es Salaam + Field), Regional RAP Implementation teams and Social Performance team (Dar Es Salaam + Field) during the delivery of this scope.
The Replacement Housing Site Superintendent will conduct the following general activities:
• Coordinate and supervise contractors to ensure the smooth day to day operation of work activities at the construction sites, monitor and inspect all the construction works to ensure that the quality of materials and workmanship adhere to project designs and specifications.
• Inspect bulk materials/components upon delivery for QA/QC purposes, ensuring that all materials/components are as specified in BoQ
• Ensure that the project is executed in compliance with all local and National regulations,
• Ensure the delivery of quality work within contract timescales,
• In coordination with the Replacement Housing Lead, act as an EACOP site representative to the Replacement
• Housing Contractor(s) and to ensure that the construction process and schedule is aligned with Company schedule and program
• Ensure that any schedule impacts associated with the Replacement Housing Construction process are reported in a timely manner and mitigation measures are developed and implemented to avoid schedule or budget impacts;
• Liaise with construction contractor to ensure timely site mobilization of personnel and equipment (follow-up on project documentation and required mobilization activities)
• Coordinate with Replacement Housing Lead on all request for information (RFI’s) requests to architect, consulting engineer or to Company to ensure a timely response to contractor(s).
• Maintain a good understanding of all architectural drawings, structural drawings and all associated specifications.
• Submit daily field reports to Replacement Housing Lead, covering site issues, inspection findings, overall progress, HSE and any potential risks to construction completion.
• Take site measurements wherever required, check progress and completion levels, and endorse the Contractor Day Works sheets.
• Monitor site personnel for adherence to safety procedures ensure that the project safety standards are always carried out, report all incidents to EACOP HSE representative and Replacement Housing Lead
• To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required.
The Replacement Housing Site Superintendent will conduct the following specific activities:
• Acting as a general site superintendent assisting and supporting Replacement Housing Officers with technical issues and their effective resolution as well as, offering input on summaries of progress, inspections, work programs, scheduling, and all QA/QC.
• Oversee and be responsible for Work Package operations of each contractor(s), ensuring adherence to approved specifications, standards, and procedures and schedule
• Ensure contractor has the appropriate equipment and materials on site, assists contractor in managing their use and managing the personnel involved.
• Assist Contractors in developing, documenting, and communicating their work plan and documenting changes made in the field to their work plan
• Provide oversight and develop plans with Contractor on the necessary machinery and equipment for his operations.
• Identify any potential constructability problems at the site and assist Replacement Housing Lead and the contractor(s) in implementing strategies to avoid or prevent any issues from having a negative impact on safety, quality, project schedule and budget.
• Assist Replacement Housing Lead and guide Contractors with their scheduling and delivery of Company Free Issue building materials to the Contractor
• Coordinate contractor(s) site activities to ensure efficient and safe progress of the construction activities.
• Support Replacement Housing Officers in maintaining site records according to the established reporting requirements including progress of works, work site conditions, daily weather conditions, delays, issuance of site instructions, RFI’s, RFC, site labour count, visitors to sites.
• Maintain and record all lessons learned to Replacement Housing Lead
• To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required in the supervision of Contractors within the building and civil works scope,
• The Replacement Housing Site Superintendent is in a supporting role to the Replacement Housing Lead and is responsible to ensure that the Replacement Housing Contractors meet the delivery schedules as set out by the Contract.
• The Replacement Housing Site Superintendent is in a supporting role to the Replacement Housing Lead and is responsible to ensure that the Replacement Housing Contractors deliver the associated scope within the required budget as set out in the Contract document
Qualifications and experience required
• Degree/Diploma in Building Construction Technology, building construction engineering or similar required.
• Minimum of 20 years professional experience in general building construction supervision, housing construction, site works, and with general civil infrastructure experience required.
• Experience in general building construction and building legislation, codes and practices required.
• Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines required.
• Capable of capacity building and mentoring both EACOP Supervisors and Contractors alike in building construction execution and management
• Good knowledge of all applicable Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards, Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OSHAS) required.
• Proven building site supervision and site administration capabilities, QA/QC, estimating, and reporting experience required.
• Proven Building Contractor coordination experience required.
• Intermediate computing and application skills (Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Microsoft Project) required.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 240
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 03rd February 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open to both local and Experts only.