Replacement Housing Officer
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 13 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Replacement Housing Officer (Site Supervision) will conduct the following general activities:
• Site supervision of new house construction activities, producing daily and weekly summaries of progress.
• Oversee and supervise day to day operations of contractor(s), ensuring adherence to approved specifications, standards and procedures.
• Coordinate contractor(s) site activities to ensure efficient and safe progress of the construction activities.
• In coordination with the Replacement Housing Lead, act as an Client’s site representative to the Replacement Housing Contractor(s) and to ensure that the construction process and schedule is aligned with Company schedule and program
• Ensure that any schedule impacts associated with the Replacement Housing Construction process are reported in a timely manner and mitigation measures are developed and implemented to avoid schedule or budget impacts;
• Liaise with construction contractor to ensure timely site mobilization of personnel and equipment (follow-up on project documentation and required mobilization activities)
• Preparation of site work documentation/templates both for internal project use and for contractor use (progress reports, quantities reports, deficiency lists etc.)
• Assistance when required, to the Company architect and the contractor in their preparation of documentation for the building permit applications
• To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required.
The Replacement Housing Officer will conduct the following specific activities:
• Organise, perform and record a full audit of pre-site conditions with involved contractor(s), (site conditions report with photographic documentation)
• Identify any potential constructability problems at the site and assist Replacement Housing Lead and the contractor(s) in implementing strategies to avoid or prevent any issues from having a negative impact on safety, quality, project schedule and budget.
• Coordinate and supervise contractors to ensure the smooth day to day operation of work activities at the construction sites, monitor and inspect all the construction works to ensure that the quality of materials and workmanship adhere to project designs and specifications.
• Report to Replacement Housing Lead on all requests for change (RFC) to scope of work, ensure traceability of all RFCs (whether approved or rejected by Replacement Housing Lead)
• Inspect all bulk materials/components upon delivery for QA/QC purposes, ensuring that all materials/components are as specified in BoQ
• Witness testing of any materials or processes (i.e. compaction tests, cube tests, electrical commissioning etc.) to be used in the works as specified in the contract documents.
• Ensure that the project is executed in compliance with all local and National regulations
• Coordinate with Replacement Housing Lead on all request for information (RFI’s) requests to architect, consulting engineer or to Company to ensure a timely response to contractor(s).
• Maintain a good understanding of all architectural drawings, structural drawings and all associated specifications.
• Attend Contractor(s) Daily Site meetings and Toolbox talks, overview of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) site conditions
• Monitor site personnel for adherence of safety procedures ensure that the project safety standards are always carried out, report all incidents to Client’s HSE representative and Replacement Housing Lead
• Maintain site records according to the established reporting requirements including progress of works, work site conditions, daily weather conditions, delays, issuance of site instructions, RFI’s, RFC, site labour count, visitors to sites.
• Submit daily field reports to Replacement Housing Lead, covering site issues, inspection findings, overall progress, HSE and any potential risks to construction completion.
• Take site measurements wherever required, check progress and completion levels, and endorse the Contractor Day Works sheets.
• Maintain and record all lessons learned to Replacement Housing Lead
• To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required in the supervision of Contractors within the building and civil works scope
Context and environment
• The Replacement Housing Officer will be primarily based within the Replacement House Construction Areas, with the possibility of office missions in Dar Es Salaam.
• The Replacement Housing Officer will interface with the Compensation Payments Team (Dar Es Salaam + Field), Regional RAP Implementation teams and Social Performance team (Dar Es Salaam + Field) during the delivery of this scope.
• The Replacement Housing Officer, supporting the Replacement Housing Lead is responsible to ensure that the Replacement Housing Contractors meet the delivery schedules as set out by the Contract.
• The Replacement Housing Officer, supporting the Replacement Housing Lead is responsible to ensure that the Replacement Housing Contractors deliver the associated scope within the required budget as set out in the Contract documents
• Degree in Construction technology, building construction engineering required.
• Minimum of 10 years professional experience in general building construction supervision, housing construction, site works, and with general civil infrastructure experience required.
• Experience in Tanzanian building construction and building legislation, codes and practices required.
• Experience in Tanzanian building materials, pricing, best practices, and industry norms required.
• Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines required.
• Good knowledge of all applicable Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards, Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OSHAS) required.
• Proven building site supervision and site administration capabilities, QA/QC, estimating and reporting experience required.
• Proven Building Contractor coordination experience required.
• Intermediate computing and application skills (Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Microsoft Project) required.
• Fluency in English and Swahili (written and spoken) required.
Interested Applicants Should click here to Apply
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree