Relationship Manager – Private Banking
CV People Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports To: Senior Manager – Private Banking
• Develop the Private banking customer base and expand the unit’s business growth through marketing of the Personal banking products and services.
• Providing an interface between the bank and both existing and prospective customers in order to maintain good customer relations to meet the customer needs within the strategic objectives of the Bank.
• Credit appraisals and recommendation for existing and prospective customers under the various loan products and submit to the appropriate final approval authority within established turnaround time.
• Overseeing the relationship management of assigned customers and the running of the Private Banking Centre.
• Ensuring revenue growth through customer acquisition, new need identification, product cross-sell and re-engineering.
• Conduct initial screening interview with prospective customer and maintain familiarity with Customer’s pertinent documents.
• Ensure that the target market selection criterion is adhered to and that we are in full compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
• Ensure an effective call program is maintained on all allocated relationships and prospects. The calls should be recorded and filed.
• Participate in Corporate Bank and Institutional Bank customer calls for marketing initiatives.
• Manage all aspects of risk, including monitoring of advances portfolio, strict adherence to the provisions of the credit policy document to ensure minimal losses to the bank.
• Monitor closely all unsecured credit facilities and overdrawn accounts assigned to ensure that the accounts are properly conducted to avoid potential loss to the Bank.
• Ensure that renewals, extensions and cancellations of existing credit facilities are done before the expiry date.
Knowledge and Experience
• University Degree – 2nd Upper Division or equivalent.
• At least 3 years successful experience in banking or customer relations, 2 of which should be in a Sales role.
• Certificate of Proficiency in insurance (COP) highly desirable. Successful candidates without COP.
• Qualifications will be required to sit and pass proficiency exam before confirmation on the role.
• Practical experience in use of Microsoft Office Packages.
• Knowledge of Personal Banking products.
• Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.