North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Refrigeration Technician to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Perform major overhauls and services on refrigeration systems and related equipment by adjusting, repairing and or replacing worn or broken parts.
• Installation of all types of domestic air-conditioning systems.
• Maintain records of repairs and equipment requiring future service.
• Ensure that refrigeration helpers are actively involved with regular routine maintenance.
• Maintain stock levels of critical spares for essential Refrigeration systems
• Performs other work as required in support of general maintenance activity.
• Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
• Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
• Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
• Read blueprints to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to build refrigeration system.
• Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
• Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
• Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
• Lay out reference points for installation of structural and functional components, using measuring instruments
• Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment
• Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by
• Perform necessary repairs and routine maintenance.
• Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air-conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
• Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves
• Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
• Repair and rebuild semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors and compressors for centrifugal refrigeration machines.
• Refrigeration Trade Certification/ Full Technician’s Certificate/ VETA Grade one.
• Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and competencies needed
• 2-3 years in a Maintenance role responsible for Refrigeration systems
• Experience in installation of Refrigeration and Air Condition systems for projects
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.