Quantity Surveyor at National Park
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 13 2023
Within Tanzania , Arusha, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Quantity Surveyor Job for Lodge Construction in the National Park (1 Position)
On behalf of our client we are searching for a reliable quantity surveyor to join our client capable team of professionals. The quantity surveyor will be tasked with analyzing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and preparing quantity estimates, negotiating with various contractors and vendors, as well as building relationships with clients and site managers.
To be successful as a quantity surveyor, you should have a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills. Outstanding quantity surveyors you are not only expected to be great at analyzing costs, but you also need to know how to read people and tailor their negotiation strategies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and update material procurement schedule and material status and forwarding to head office.
• Evaluates quotations obtained from different suppliers & subcontractors, ensures quantities and specifications are in line with tender and projects specifications.
• Preparation of payment application and agreeing with Client.
• Prepares cost estimate for different phases of the Lodge Construction project, advices the project management on possible cost over runs and on the action necessary to remain within the approved project budget.
• Works very close with the Lodge Constructions project team to ensure that measurements, variations and contractual matters are properly recorded and notified.Performs material take offs prior to the purchase requisitions for the projects and reports any irregularities or discrepancies to the project management.
• Performs and implements all post contract duties including but not limited to measurements, preparation of variations orders, analysis of site design changes, interim valuation certificates, final accounts & evaluation reports
• Ensures proper records of agreed measurement-oriented / Item rate variation with the client’s authorized representative and ensures compliance with such rates is maintained.
• Examines, controls and evaluates sub-contractors invoices and ensures the contractual obligations are satisfied and advices the project management on payments of the same.
• Take off quantities from Client drawings and for variations
• Identify changes from Client and Tender drawings
• Requests for variations, compiling Pricing of VO based on Contract unit rates, VO submissions
• Preparation of final accounts
• Degree in Quantity survey
• At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar role
• Must be a registered member of Engineers or Quantity Surveyor Association
• Must have worked with big projects before.
• Impressive numeracy skills to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
• A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
• MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
• Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
• Ability to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are invited to share Cover letter, CV and Academic Certificates no later than 20th April, 2023 to email@example.com. YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT MUST READY “APPLICATION FOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR”. Email with no above Subject will not be considered.