Solid Rock Life and Business Tanzania is seeking to hire local trainers (Tanzanian citizens located in Tanzania) qualified to plan and implement Training of Trainers (ToT) for VETA teachers in Industrial and Domestic Plumbing. The ToT will be implemented as a coaching program while the VETA teachers train students at their respective centers. The local trainers should therefore be able to coach VETA teachers and travel to various VETA centers. The estimated training at each center will be around 25 hours for each vocation and will be implemented within the first quarter of 2023.
Scope of work/services.
- The trainers should develop:
- Coaching plans based on the curriculum which should focus a hands-on training, trainees’ exercises and assessment. The plan should be discussed with the project team before implementation. The coaching plan should observe that the coaching should be done during the VETA teachers’ training of trainees.
- A schedule for visiting the three VETA centres (Dodoma, Lindi and Manyara) in close cooperation with the individual VETA centres and project team.
- Undertake the coaching at each of the three VETA centres for at least four (4) training days at each VETA centre. This may include the presentation of written teaching and learning material.
- Coordinate all activities closely with the VETA centres and the project team.
- Write a short report on the activities undertaken.
The consultant should have;
- Formal qualifications in industrial and/or domestic plumbing.
- At least 5 years of proven practical experience in industrial and/or domestic plumbing – preferably gained from a company/self-employment.
- Be fully familiar with the professional and safe use of both industrial and domestic plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- A good understanding of TVET in Tanzania. TVET teaching or skills training experience will be an advantage.
- Clearly understand and document from work experience the difference between industrial and domestic plumbing.
- Experience in developing practical TVET industrial and domestic plumbing training exercises.
- Proven experience in the delivery of adult-based training and coaching.
- A good command of spoken and written Swahili and English.
Qualified candidates clearly meeting the above qualifications should email their CVs in English to email@example.com along with scanned documentation of their formal qualifications, work experiences and three references (name, position, email and phone).
We encourage both men and women equally to apply.
Only eligible candidates based on the fulfilled requirements will be contacted.
The deadline for application is the 6th of February 2023