Qsst- Eacop-Lppl-Line Pipe Project Lead
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, April 24 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Monday, April 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Line Pipe Project Lead.
Location (country/site): The position is based at EACOP offices in Dar es Salaam(Tanzania) with frequent travel to pipe-mills locations.
Missions / Service Dimensions
The Job Holder is responsible for:
• Ensuring Pipe mills productivity with regards to Project schedule.
• Coordinating the review of all relevant Engineering/ Qualification / Manufacturing / fabrication / Testing documents. This includes material selection, specifications, welding procedures & qualifications, anti – corrosion coating procedures & qualifications, testing procedures, ITP etc.
• Ensuring the coordination of the Surveillance Quality Team at steel/pipe/bend/coating mills and ports
• Ensuring compliance of the Line-pipe and Bends Manufacture & Coating with Project Specifications;
• Awareness of and compliance with H3SE standards and business ethics by subordinates and contractors.
Report immediately to his hierarchy any H3SE or Quality non-conformance.
• Ensures that Supply scope – Manufacture & Anti-corrosion Coating Engineering / Qualification / manufacturing / Fabrication / Testing activities are performed in line with Contract requirements (including suppliers’ commitment to Local Content) and Project Specifications and obtain derogations for any deviations from Project Optimum Requirements and PPS.
• Lead the review of Line-pipe Supplier specifications, inspection & test plans and any other material / welding & coating related documents with the support of EACOP and EPcm Engineering team; ensure compliance to Project Documentation Control Procedures.
• Review and instruct Technical Queries, Deviation Requests and Non-Conformance Reports.
• Coordinate / call for inspections/audits at Vendor’s facilities when necessary;
• Attends progress meetings for the line-pipe manufacture.
• Ensures updated integrated schedule and daily progress is available for use and input into planning system.
• Participates to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
• Monitors Pipe & Coating Mills achievements and provide in coordination with EPcm support team inputs to weekly and monthly reports and KPIs.
• Identifies potential quality, interface or schedule issue and report to Pipes Delivery Managers of main issues. Proposes mitigation plans.
• Leads, organizes and manages the assigned inspection teams. Oversees the contract internal interfaces between the Pipe and Coating Mills in a good working atmosphere. Holds daily/weekly meetings with inspectors at Pipe mills; ensure that reporting is as per procedure.
• Ensure proper coordination with Logistics for Line-pipe delivery at FOB ports.
• Internally, co-ordinates with the Project Control team, the Engineering team, the Logistic team, the H3SE team and the Quality team. Externally, liaises and co-ordinate with the various Suppliers.
• Promotes 3C E&P. Follow up the activities of Contractor(s) and strives to optimize costs and achieve value at every opportunity.
• Ensures H3SE requirements are taken into consideration.
• Adopts and demonstrates exemplary behavior with regard H3SE and H3SE rules; implementation; participates to H3SE risk identification during pipe mill inspections/audits.
• Adopts and demonstrates exemplary behavior with regards to Ethics and project “code of conduct” policy.
• Carries out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
Context And Environment
The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of main line block valves and trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment.
Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready for Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 36 months after FID.
The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing. In the current context of low oil price, the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
Qualifications & Experience Required
• Degree: MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline • Experience minimum 10 years in Oil &Gas Industry) with similar large-scale projects & complex environment.
• Working knowledge of the key concerned engineering disciplines: – Materials, Welding and Coating
• Effectively and safely lead a team of contractors and vendors to a successful project outcome.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills
• Demonstrate project management and supervision skills
• English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
• Ensuring that pipe is safely delivered (H3SE) in accordance with the approved Contract and main deviations are approved.
• Delivering the pipe within the approved budget and schedule.
• Timely delivery and handover to Logistic Contractor of pipe of the required quality.
• Business integrity in contract management and call for tender processes
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree