Project Officer (PO)
ABA Alliance / Catalyste+
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Country Representative (CR), the Project Officer (PO) will contribute towards fulfilling Catalyste+’s mission of strengthening economic and social well-being in the program country. The PO will support the CR’s role, and will develop and maintain effective relationships with partners, stakeholders, Catalyste+ Advisors (CAs) and Catalyste+ staff. He/she is responsible for providing overall programmatic and logistical support to design and implement activities in selected sectors, with the aim to advance Catalyste+’s gender equality (GE) and women’s economic empowerment (WEE) objectives, in accordance with approved Catalyste+ policies and guidelines.
• Participate in stakeholder consultations to support the development of GE/WEE and sector strategies and the integration of local knowledge, in alignment with donor priorities;
• Support partnership development, assignment design and applications with the aim to meet/surpass country targets and objectives;
• Support timely recruitment and deployment of appropriately skilled CAs by collaborating with the Volunteer Services (VS) department and delivering all logistical support as requested;
• Support CAs in carrying out work plans, ensuring they are in line with GE/WEE objectives, local context and Catalyste+ guidelines/policies;
• Support the collection of content and the development of communications and marketing materials, as requested by the Communications and Engagement (CE) team, with the aim to showcase the impact of Catalyste+’s work to key stakeholders;
• Represent Catalyste+ as a brand ambassador at relevant meetings/events in lieu of CR as needed;
• Contribute to annual work plans and other donor reports.
• Collaborate with VS department to ensure efficient processes are in place to manage CAs’ arrival, placement and departure from the program country, including the development of tools (e.g. online surveys, service questionnaires);
• Assist with in-country travel for CAs if necessary;
• Assist the CR in arranging, in collaboration with partners, accommodation, food and other services to be provided to the CAs, including the identification and approval of comfortable accommodations in a secure and safe location;
• Arrange meetings between CAs and partners relating to Catalyste+ assignments;
• Search for, vet and hire vendors/service providers as needed (e.g. interpreters);
• Assist the CR in providing orientation to CAs and monitoring progress of CAs’ work (e.g. participate in entrance and exit meetings between CAs and partners in lieu of CR, as needed);
• File, manage and organize documents related to the program country;
• Adhere to Catalyste+’s policies and processes related to security, emergency preparedness, code of conduct, conflict of interest, misconduct, harassment and other administrative matters;
• Assist the CR with accounting, budget management and preparation of financial reports to the Program Manager;
• Provide any other duties to support Catalyste+’s work in the program country, as required.
• Support gender-based analysis in project design, implementation and learning processes;
• Actively collect quality data from partners, clients and other stakeholders and share in a timely manner as requested by the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team;
• Develop strategic, evidence-based suggestions to improve long term results based on learning from implemented activities, partners, volunteers and other stakeholders.
Knowledge and skill requirements
• Degree in business administration, international development or related discipline, and/or 3 years of related experience in a similar role.
• Deep understanding of international development issues, notably GE/WEE, the environment and climate change, private sector development, value chains and governance; hands-on experience with these issues preferred.
• Project management experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports and other documents.
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to deal with sensitive issues in a diplomatic fashion.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment and under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail while successfully meeting tight deadlines
• Proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send your resume and cover letter by or before 24th February 2023, and mention the position (Project Officer) being applied for in the subject line to: email@example.com
CATALYSTE+ is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.