Recruitment of a program officer responsible for advocacy, livelihood and human rights-based approach.
- Organization: Vi Agroforestry
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Grade: Senior level – Senior level Occupational Groups:
o Environment o Climate Change o Project and Programme Management
Vi Agroforestry (Vi-skogen) is a Swedish development cooperation organisation, fighting poverty and working with sustainable agriculture and land management through agroforestry – growing trees alongside crops and livestock. We do this together with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organisations in three countries (Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda). Agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income. Agroforestry also contributes to the mitigation of climate change and protects against the negative effects of climate change.
Vi Agroforestry has since the beginning of the year 2022 undertook a major restructuring and relocation process and is now recruiting a Programme Officer responsible for advocacy, livelihoods and human rights to our Country Office in Dar es Salaam.
Main responsibilities of the Roles
- The Programme Officer will support the day-to-day management of our programmes and implementation of the programs’ policies and processes.
- She/He will provide technical support and oversight of implementing partners to execute, manage and monitor their projects effectively, particularly for coordination of programme activities, capacity development to local partners and M&E activities.
- The program officer will support in rolling out our numerous local to global advocacy campaigns.
- Teamwork is important for Vi Agroforestry and the Programme officer will work close to other program officers and the Administration Team. She/He will be part of the four Programme Officers who are complementing each other and provide technical expertise, support and be focal spoke persons in one or more of the following respective areas:
- Environment, Climate Change and Resilience (ECC)
- Participatory Monitoring, Reporting and Learning (PMRL)
- Gender, Children and Youth and Human rights based approach.
- Do no Harm and Conflict Sensitivity
- Carbon sequestration technology
- Business Development (agricultural value chain expertise)
- Resource Mobilisation and Aid Effectiveness Communication and Innovation
- Policy advocacy and campaigns.
About the preferred Candidate
- You are an environmentalist and have a strong interest in environmental management, agroforestry/ecological agriculture, or related fields
- You are passionate about policy processes.
- You are a person of high integrity
- Able to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation
- Result-oriented and self-motivated
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and changing environment
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Willing and able to travel
- Ability to multi-task with tight deadlines/schedules and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as a team as well as high degree of flexibility
Required qualifications and Skills
We are searching for a Program Officer with one or more of the following qualifications:
- Basic or Advanced degree in Social sciences, ecological agriculture/agroforestry, environmental management, or other relevant disciplines and over five years of relevant and professional work experience
- Strong understanding and practical experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation
- Experience in Civil Society Development Cooperation
- Strong conceptual and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach Policy processes and policy advocacy including experiences in policy campaigns.
- Experience in execution of double and triple Nexus projects
- Proven experience in Resource Mobilisation
- Working experience in agricultural Business/Value Chain Development
- Working experience from EU supported development programs/projects
- Familiar with various web-based platforms
- Excellent writing, research, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- High level skills in report writing and presentations
- Conversant with the concepts of Do No Harm and Conflict Sensitivity
- Conversant with advocacy campaigns
- Project Management certification
- Experience in working in international teams
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday the 15 of January 2023. Your application documents should be in English.
The employment is a two-year fixed term contract position with a six months’ probation period. Start date 1st of April 2023.
We look forward to receiving your thoughtful application. Your time in preparing your application is much appreciated, however only appropriately qualified candidates of interest will be contacted.