Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Tarime , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Act as the subject matter expert, using an understanding of concepts and principles in the area of expertise. To be the division technical contact person – with two-way communication; to Sales Area and to EQ Product Line/factory. Collaborate with Level 6 Product Line Managers within the Sales Area.
• Ensure frontline readiness for new technologies and new product introductions (parts, resources, training) and be proactive with an operational readiness plan
• Root Cause Analysis/Trouble Shooting (only 2nd line support).
• Collects technical feedback in Sales Area (inputs into Database),
• Make recommendations based on reports to better serve the customer and improve processes.
• Perform adjustments of systems on client equipment.
• Work proactively to develop new solutions to prevent recurring problems.
• Upon request, provide application advice to sales and review operating cost proposals.
• Takes technical and application ownership of market releases of new products and new product versions, and ramps down old products.
• Conduct product launch, testing, and commissioning services.
• Support operational readiness activities for large projects.
• Support in technical details during New Product Development (NPD) process.
• Aftermarket support to Equipment divisions and Sales Areas.
• Prepare and execute all activities in line with SHEQ rules, regulations, procedures, instructions, and guidelines, and promote awareness, including addressing anomalies to others.
• Coach, Mentor, and Train (incl. knowledge transfer between factory and Sales Area).
• Collaborate with the Parts & Services division and take technical responsibility for training interventions in relevant Sales Area.
• Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Field and Experience in Heavy Duty Equipment (or equivalent)
• At least 7 years relevant experience with mining equipment (surface and underground).
• Previous experience with Sandvik equipment would be an added advantage
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and mechanical issues with mining equipment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
• A Valid driver’s license is required
• Ability and willingness to work varied shifts (as required).