Responsible for asset product development, management and performance for Retail Banking while ensuring product profitability.
- Develop, implement, and manage a compelling Retail banking portfolio of Asset products.
- Ensure proper communication of new products before public launch, awareness, and training to branches and all key stakeholders
- Ensure new products are approved and in line with controls and regulations, customer centric concept and are fairly priced.
- Monitor, asses, and report new products framework and ensure the same is in line with the bank’s projections, targets, and budget.
- Analyze, manage, and identify all system faults that affect product performance then, suggest areas of improvement, get approvals for improvement, and ensure approved changes/enhancements are implemented within the agreed timelines.
- Monitor asset product quality by working with key stakeholders to ensure it remains within the acceptable bank’s threshold
- Play a key role in innovating Retail Banking asset products.
- Manage internal relationships with key stakeholders and business partners during introduction of new or existing products in accordance to bank risk appetite as well as customer needs
- Regular (Quarterly/Semi-Annually/Annually) Competitor Review vis-à-vis Retail Asset product offering.
- Conduct profitability analysis to ensure product performance as per targets
- Being pro-active to identify product issues and resolve them timely in a proactive manner.
- Responsible for products features enhancements and revamps where need be to ensure that all products features are relevant to customer’s needs and market competition in the industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of constructing reports, executive summaries, and briefs
- In-depth understanding of product life cycle
- Business planning and Project management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills for calculation of statistics, figures and targets
- Credit knowledge
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral
- Standard Computer skills
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Negotiation and Report writing skills
- Presentation, Coaching and Training skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business/Accountancy/Economics/Finance or any other related field.
- Any course or training in product development is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in banking, out of which 3 should be in Credit or Asset product environment.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date : 19-Jan-2023