The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class
regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the
electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which
suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to EWURA are invited to apply.
LEGAL SERVICES DIVISION
Post Title: Principal Legal Officer II (1 post)
Duty Station: EWURA Head Offices
Reports to: Legal Services Manager
Principal Legal Officer II will be responsible for providing support in interpretation and application of laws for all regulated sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To advise the Authority on the proper interpretation and application of laws and all agreements that have bearing on regulated services
- To review pleadings and coordinate representation of the Authority in matters of litigation.
- To represent the Authority in litigations before the Fair Competition Tribunal, the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- To consistently review the Authority statute, regulations and rules under EWURA ACT and make appropriate recommendations for any required revisions
- To coordinate implementation of laws, regulations, rules, contracts, agreements and other legal instruments, including providing legal advice on internal matters such as Human Resources, procurement and contracts for goods and services entered into by the Authority.
- To plan and coordinate studies on legislation and other legal aspects pertaining to regulated sectors and the role and functions of the Authority.
- To coordinate and participate in handling of consumer complaints.
- To provide inputs in drafting various legal instruments.
- To supervise and guide subordinates.
- To coordinate preparation of divisional performance reports
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in the field of Law (LL.M) or Business Administration from any recognized Institution who has passed a recognized practical legal training or undergone internship program recognized by the Attorney General with working experience of at least thirteen (13) years in related field. Must be a registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Interested Public Servants should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Certified copies of certificates.
- one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees,
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Transfer is not promotion therefore applicants should apply for the position they are currently holding and must state their check numbers.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover for their transfer costs as the application for transfer will be considered as self-initiated.
- Lobbying and canvassing will not be entertained and may result to the applicant’s disadvantage.
- The applicant who will submit the applications through E-mail address provided below should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format.nterested applicants should submit their applications by 17th January, 2023 through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,