The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class
regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the
electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which
suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to EWURA are invited to apply.
Post Title: Principal Engineer II – Petroleum Inspection (1 Post)
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to: Technical Manager – Petroleum
Principal Engineer II – Petroleum Inspection will be responsible for ensuring compliance inspection of the petroleum products and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan and coordinate field inspections on providers of petroleum products and infrastructures including pipelines so as to establish conformity with standards.
- To plan and coordinate compliance monitoring and evaluation of petroleum products licensees performance.
- To provide technical inputs on development of regulatory tools that will promote efficiency and sustainable growth of the petroleum sub-sector.
- To review and recommend terms and conditions for licences of petroleum products.
- To review and analyse data and information on petroleum products and facilities and provide recommendations.
- To provide technical input in dispute resolutions involving providers of petroleum products and consumers.
- To provide inputs in preparation of periodic performance reports.
- To supervise and guide subordinates.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Process Engineering, Geology, Geo-Science, Petroleum Geology or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution with working experience of at least thirteen (13) years in related field. For candidate with Bachelor degree in Engineering must have been registered by Engineering Registration Board (ERB) as a Professional Engineer.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Interested Public Servants should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Certified copies of certificates.
- one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees,
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Transfer is not promotion therefore applicants should apply for the position they are currently holding and must state their check numbers.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover for their transfer costs as the application for transfer will be considered as self-initiated.
- Lobbying and canvassing will not be entertained and may result to the applicant’s disadvantage.
- The applicant who will submit the applications through E-mail address provided below should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format.Interested applicants should submit their applications by 17th January, 2023 through E-mail: email@example.com or to the following address:The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,