Mwananchi Communications Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Plans and makes meeting appointments with newsmakers and news sources
• Evaluates the personalities to meet and the information required
• Meets the personalities, discusses subject matters and digests the information
• Evaluates the information acquired, cross checks for facts and data and assigns writers and or writes the stories
• Ensures that the stories are written in conformity with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives, house style and within set deadlines
• Assesses political, social and economic climate and anticipates likely development for coverage
• Performs all the functions of the News Editor whenever called upon to do so
• Ensure the quantity, quality and accuracy of all the information for publication.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Academic: Basic University Degree
Experience: 5 years working experience
Professional: Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2023
Women are highly encourage to apply.
All Applications should be in PDF format.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.