Physical Education Teacher post
Anazak Pre and Primary School is a private owned English medium school established to provide high quality educational services to children aged 2 to 12 years old. The school is located at Kimara Temboni, Saranga Ward in Ubungo District, Dar es Salaam Region. It is a school with modern facilities to enable effective teaching and learning process. Children are monitored closely on their growth and development in the learning process. They sharpen their potentials and update their knowledge and skills to meet the fast-growing technology and the changing world.
Job purpose of Physical Education (PE) Teacher
Prepare lessons and teaching materials. Teach and coach a range of sports and physical activities to pupils of different ages and abilities. manage class behavior, motivate and encourage all pupils to take part. work with learning support assistants to help pupils with special educational needs and disabilities.
Job Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Salary: The salary is negotiable with consideration of qualifications and experience
Duties and Responsibilities
The job description and daily duties of a physical education teacher includes the following:
- Measure student progress to encourage the mastery of school standards in sports
- Analyse entire physical education activities along with students
- Evaluate students physical abilities by informal testing
- Perform with academic teacher as well as nurse to identify adoptive physical educational requirement of children
- Cultivate student awareness and ownership of personal performance
- Design, plan, and implement physical education lessons based on school and national standards
- Encourage teamwork as to set collective and personal development goals
- Ensure accommodations and modifications are made for the growth and development of students
- Ensure that the physical education environment is clean, safe and constructive for all students
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, rhythms and dance, health education, and individual, dual and team sports
- Able to communicate expectations to students and families and work with them to ensure they are achieving personal goals
- Consistently address the needs of individuals students relating to sports
- Support a school’s share vision and common goals regarding physical education and physical activity
- Employing a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media that is consistent with the physical limitations, needs, and capabilities of individuals students and/or groups of students
- Guiding students in maintaining acceptable standards of classroom behavior
- Maintaining records of individual student achievement and evaluating students on a continuous basis
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes at designated times
- Preparing for classes and maintaining written evidence of preparation
- Upholding and enforcing school rules, policies, and administrative regulations
- Working with other teachers to plan instructional goals, objectives, and methods
Knowledge and skills
- Communication skills:Communication skills are essential for as a teacher, He/she use these skills to interact with student, other staff, parents and school management authorities .Physical education teacher must be able to clearly convey information to higher authorities for decision and other duties for executional to use communication skills to write reports and communicate with other staff members.
- Good athletic ability and knowledge of the human body
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire.
- Good initiative, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm and show empathy.
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing situations
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Physical education from recognized Institution.
- Experience at least not less than two (2) years
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge in communication skills
- Computer skills
- Knowledge and exposure with different sports and games
- Good planning and organizational skills
Terms of service: Full time
Applicants must attach an up to date CV and copies of academic certificates and other trainings
Applicants must attach a cover letter written in English or Swahili language
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should submit all application to:
Anazak Pre-and primary school
Dar es Salaam
Deadline for submitting application is: 26th June 2023.