The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
POSITION: Phd STUDIES (1 POST)
The student will report to the Project Investigator (PI)
Duties and responsibilities:
• To support a broad range of research activities on the ParentApp for Early years Tanzania Intervention development, piloting and RCT, such as literature reviews, data collection, data management and processing; II. To support project management;
• To collect data in the field;
• To conduct data cleaning and analysis;
• To report regularly to the project PI on the progress of the research and undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be expected;
• To prepare reports and other documentation for academic and non-academic audiences; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and competence:
• A Masters qualification in Public Health, Epidemiology, Education, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Work, Psychology;
• Experience in evidence-based research, digital interventions, parenting and/or child development using quantitative methods;
• Demonstrable commitment to improving the life of children affected by abuse and poverty;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
• To work as part of a multidisciplinary research team; and
• Computer literacy
Terms of engagement for the posts:
One (1) year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mwanza Centre.
A project stipend will be offered as per the project budget.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• The application letter should be written in English.
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with a reliable contact.
• Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of academic certificates, including forms four and six.
• Application letters should be attached with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: email@example.com