Officer 3 – Procurement & Contracts
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Geita , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About geita gold mining ltd
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Officer 3 – Procurement & Contracts
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contracts
Department: Finance & Supply Chain
Re Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Procurement & Contracts
Number of Positions: One (1)
Purpose of the role:
The Procurement & Contract section covers several portfolios which are Normal Operations (OPEX) and Capital & CSR Operations. Given the nature of the operation the selected candidate will assist the current team on OPEX Portfolio and from time to time on Capital & CSR Portfolio.
• Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management / Law/ BA/ Engineering or equivalent
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• At least two years’ working experience or above in Procurement and Supply chain contracting preferably in the mining industry.
• Experience with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably SAP system
• Must be registered by PSPTB
Main or key accountabilities:
• Running monthly expiring contract reports
• Maintain an awareness of the relevant legal and regulatory framework for Local Content Regulation in Tanzania including guidance and Government Notice issued by Ministry of Minerals and Natural resources.
• Notifying end user on the progress of their file under approval from Mining Commission.
• Provide input into Contracts Register/ Mining Commission register. Enter, review and monitor procurement and contract information into the register.
• Expediting Suppliers on an on-going basis to keep track of Suppliers not confirming to the contractual lead times i.e., responsible for overdue deliveries.
• Provide support in relation to GGML procurement and contract management requirements. Provide guidance to end user in the preparation of plan, tender, assessment, risk management, negotiation, contracts, and contract management plans and documentation
• Attend vendor performance meeting when required
• Compile necessary reports for Suppliers/end-users meeting
• Management reporting on agreed key performance areas
• Good Microsoft Skills
• Good Analytical abilities
• Good problem-solving skills
• Is a stronger negotiator
• Ability to work as a team member and contribute to a positive team environment
Mode of application:
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Officer 3 – Procurement & Contracts’’
• If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 07th February 2023 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.