Terre des hommes schweiz
Deadline of this Job:
30 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
National Coordinator 100%
The National Coordinator is part of the international programme team, reports directly to the Program Coordinator based in Switzerland and leads the country office.
• To lead the national coordination office with two employees with regular monitoring visits to partner organisations in Mwanza and Kigoma.
• To implement and further develop the country program in Tanzania focusing on SRHR, psychosocial support (PSS) and youth participation and evaluate ongoing and new projects within the strategic framework.
• To accompany, monitor and advise the partner organisations and identify new partnerships.
• To strengthen the partners’ network and create opportunities for experience sharing.
• To share information with and report to the head office in Switzerland.
• To network with national and international organisations and government departments and to cascade best practices of our partner organisations.
• To represent terre des hommes schweiz in Tanzania.
Your qualification and experience:
• Holder of a master’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health or an equivalent education from a recognized institution.
• Several years of work experience in the field of SRHR for a reputable organization and proven work experience at project or program management level for at least three years.
• Solid knowledge and experience in project cycle management, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
• Practical work experience in the field of psychosocial support (PSS), youth participation and prevention of violence.
• Solid fieldwork experience in rural areas, preferably working with OVCs/MVCs.
• Experience and interest of working with local, national and international partners and knowledge of the national NGO network.
• Team leadership skills, high level of self-responsibility and social commitment to work in the respective areas.
• Excellent spoken and written English skills and be fluent in Swahili.
• Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Teams).
• Willingness to travel up to three times per year within Tanzania and occasionally to other countries. Must be a holder of a valid passport.
• We provide a full time employment, attractive working conditions with a well-equipped office and well-established country program and a reliable institutional setting. A motivated team and close cooperation with other offices, high flexibility, training opportunities and appropriate salary.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until January 20th 2023, including a letter of motivation, a comprehensive CV and copies of all relevant certificates. The maximum number of email attachments is three (3) i.e. the motivation letter, CV and consolidated scanned certificates/testimonials. Please ensure each attachment is saved under your full name and its description. Only pdf and word formats are accepted. The interviews take place in the week of January 30th 2023 and the consecutive week