Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|Under the overall guidance of the Country Representative and under the daily supervision of UN Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Programme Specialist, the Senior GEF Coordination Consultant will undertake the following tasks and deliverables in collaboration with the GEF National Chairperson and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government, and in close collaboration with the Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups for Tanzania Mainland, Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children Zanzibar, UN Women Regional and Headquarters GEF focal points and units.
1. Coordinate and support the U.R.T provisions of inputs and recommendations on Generation Equality’s key milestones and advocacy moments including annual gatherings, midpoint moment in 2023, and 5-year Anniversary event in 2025/2026.
2. Develop strategies on effective engagement of the Government of Tanzania’s in the GEF including activities and events leading up the Mid-Point Summit in 2023.
3. Coordinate and engage in all meetings and discussions, identify key messages on gender equality issues, propose action points for UN Women and undertake follow up.
4. Liaise and coordinate with the Chairperson of the GEF and National Secretariat.
5. Support and facilitate two high-level GEF meetings hosted by Government of Tanzania and provide logistic and substantive technical support.
6. Prepare various reports and documentations to support Tanzania’s role in GEF Leadership Structures, fostering of good practices and synergies across Action Coalitions.
7. Prepare speeches, reports, briefing notes, presentations, press releases, and reports and undertake research for the Office of the President and the GEF National Chairperson in relation to the GEF.
8. Organize panel discussions, side events, briefings and stakeholder events, and other activities, as requested.
9. Provide substantive technical support to the Office of the President on Tanzania on outreach and advocacy messages in important global spaces at the UN, AU, SADC, EAC and beyond.
10. Monitor progress of GEF implementation in Tanzania in close collaboration with the GEF National Advisory Committee.
11. Draft substantive papers, background and briefing notes, talking points and key messages and provide inputs to various reports, as requested by the HQ GEF Coordination Unit.
12. Provide technical inputs on information dissemination, advocacy for local and international media, including in UN Women website and social media platforms, in close collaboration with the Communications Team.
13. Closely collaborate with GEF HQ and RO colleagues and contribute to UN Women internal monitoring and reporting processes for the Tanzania Strategic Note
14. Perform other tasks related to Tanzania’s role as co-host of the GEF Mid-point Summit.
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely engagement in GEF processes and events, including provision of high-quality substantive technical support to the Government of Tanzania.
• Maintain strong relationship and goodwill with Government of Tanzania and other stakeholders.
• Timely and quality research and analysis, drafting of key messages, documents, and reports.
• Timely organization of high-level meetings, panel discussions, side events, briefings, and other activities of high quality.
Duration of assignment
The consultancy is based on the above deliverables spread over a ten-month period with an agreed monthly payment.
• Respect for Diversity.
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues.
• Creative Problem Solving.
• Effective Communication.
• Inclusive Collaboration.
• Stakeholder Engagement.
• Leading by Example.
• Ability to establish, build, and sustain effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client’s perspective and how to anticipate client needs and address them promptly.
• Works effectively as a team member, demonstrating emotional intelligence and good judgment.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
Required Skills and Experience