Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator at Rafiki-SDO
Job opportunity at Rafiki Social Development Organization
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and Nonprofit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number 00NGO/R1/00903 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Currently Rafiki-SDO is implementing projects in 5 regions and 14 councils in Tanzania mainland including Shinyanga, Geita, Kigoma, Rukwa and Mara region and funded by different donors.
Rafiki-SDO in partnership with PACT implement the USAID Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project (ACHIEVE). ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. As part of its strategy, ACHIEVE is working to prevent and respond to gender-based violence and to empower youth to own their own future.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic applicant to fill one (1) position.
JOB TITTLE: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator (1 POST)
Office location: Mara Region
Work station: Bunda DC, Bunda TC, Serengeti DC, Rorya DC and Musoma MC
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: 5 Months / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
Serve as an active member of the Rafiki-SDO management team for the implementation of ACHIEVE Tanzania project with the primary responsibility of strategic leadership and management of Monitoring and Evaluation functions under the leadership and direction of Project Manager.
The M&E Coordinator must develop a close working relationship with the technical team (ESLO, CMOs, CMCs. HHOs etc.) to ensure quality data is collected and entered in the database. The coordinator will be responsible for:
- Support in implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation activities in the council level, including development of Rafiki-SDO M&E plans and data collection frameworks to support data management, and reporting.
- Support data analysis for their respective councils, visualization and use of data to assess daily and monthly Rafiki-SDO performance trends and help Rafiki-SDO management to interpret program performance and implications of data for programming.
- Participate actively in generating data for Rafiki-SDO management monthly and quarterly narrative reports or other reports, as needed.
- Organize and supervises routine internal data quality assessments (DQAs) for each council under management of the Rafiki-SDO.
- Facilitate communication, technical and working linkages between technical team and M&E team within and between councils.
- Play a coordinating function for producing data and feeding to Rafiki-SDO management for program decision making at council and organizational level.
- Provided technical assistance to Rafiki-SDO technical team members (CMOs, CMCs, HHOs, ESLOs, DREAMS Officer etc.) on developing and monitoring targets in compliance with the developed and approved M&E plan.
- Conduct and coordinate provision of regular data collection and entry visits to Community Case Workers (CCWs); identify data entry challenges and provide technical assistance on data entry to CCWs.
- Serve as a mentor to Rafiki-SDO technical team members (CMOs, CMCs, HHOs, ESLOs, DREAMS Officer etc.) and provide technical assistance in various areas relating to M&E function.
- Organize and coordinate quarterly data review meeting at councils’ level by supporting program performance presentation preparations, and data interpretation.
- Organize and manage all Quality Improvement (QI) activities of the CSOs.
- Manage council level Monitoring and Evaluation Officers (M&EOs) by ensuring that they all have performance objectives, conducts one to one meeting and regularly evaluate their performance against agreed performance goals.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, public health, Information technology, Computer science, demography, or other social science area.
- Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ professional experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation, and reporting, preferably working with donor funded programs.
- Adept at data quality assessment, data analysis, visualization, and use
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and vulnerable children (experience with health facility setting a plus)
- Experience with DHIS2 preferred other software a plus.
- Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research a plus
- Report writing and publication skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent peoples and partnership skills.
- Collaborative team player with leadership skills
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania is a plus
- The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO counterparts.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
- Knowledge of different database software
- Proficient with MS Excel, SPSS, Stata etc.
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 177, MUSOMA OFFICE. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title in the email subject line. The closing date for this application will be on Wednesday, 19th April 2023, 17:00 hrs.
** Women are encouraging to apply**
NOTE: Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but not limited to cost for submitting an application and other communication related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform those successful, if you do not hear back from Rafiki-SDO two weeks after the date of release of this job advert consider yourself as unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest in Rafiki-SDO work in Tanzania and for supporting national initiatives to saving lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster so they can reach their full potential.