JOB ADVERT – Mobile Equipment Operator II – Truck (04 VACANCIES)
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Mobile Equipment Operator II – Truck to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About Bulyanhulu Team
Bulyanhulu is situated in northwest Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometers south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometers southwest of the city of Mwanza. Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver, and copper mineralization in sulphides. The mineralization of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
- Conduct remote operation decline and level development
- Operate multiple truck Types & capacities
- Identify & Control efficiencies and delay
- Perform Towing/ Recovery activities
- Identify improved operating methods
- Observe cycle times
- Perform Road Building Activities
- Discuss with Supervisor how to improve operating & cycle efficiency
- Monitor & control operating & cycle efficiency
- Monitor & control loading & cycle efficiency
- Coach and mentor trainees on 1400 Scoops as well as Remote loaders 3Yard
- Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
- To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices
- Ordinary secondary education
- Sandvic Certification
- Truck operation certificate
- Valid driving license class G and F
Experience and competencies needed
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a truck operator
- Experience in operating machine in large underground mining operation
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEA
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
Closing Date : 27th April, 2023.