The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. It is mandated to play specific voluntary humanitarian roles during disasters/emergencies, and peacetime as an auxiliary organ to the Public Authorities. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognized and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red
Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM,
PACT and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic Tanzanians to fill the below vacancies:
|JOB TITLE||:||MEDICAL DOCTOR (1 POST)|
|Reports to||:||Health Coordinator|
|Duty Station||:||Nyarugusu Refugees Camp (Kigoma, Kasulu DC)|
|Not above 45 Years
- Attending in and out patients.
- Attending emergency medical duties.
- Carrying out investigations of admitted patients.
- Ensuring that prescribed instructions are carried out.
- Conducting surgical procedures.
- Carrying out service and participating in major ward rounds.
- Ensuring that patients are properly prepared for surgery.
- Participating fully in morning clinical sessions, patient presentations and journal clubs.
- Participating in research activities.
- Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (MD).
- Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council is a MUST.
- Valid practicing license is required.
- Postgraduate training in public health is an added advantage
- 2 years of experience in hospital practice relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, and management of HIV and communicable diseases